Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
early today i noticed that my headlights were foged up around by the high beam and parking light. has anyone else noticed this on there 6? could this be cause my bulbs to burn out. by the way,i have an 06 i.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It will cause your head lights to explode.... My lord didnt you get the notice from mazda?

HEHEH JK

It wont hurt notting, but it is annoying.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will cause your head lights to explode.... My lord didnt you get the notice from mazda?
HEHEH JK

It wont hurt notting, but it is annoying.
[/b]

well i have gone trough a couple pair of bulbs. i think its the cause of that. does urs do that??

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
if its fogging up in your headlight assembly, then you should reseal the assembly. moisture is getting in there from somewhere and it may be the cause for your bulbs burning out. go to autozone and buy sealant then take off the bumper, take off the headlight and put the sealant along the part where the casing and the lense cover of the headlight connect. and if that doesnt work, then you probably have a crack somewhere and you will need to probably replace the headlight (if its in a visible area). but i would look for the crack and put sealant on it....these lights are too damn expensive to just be replacing.....sorry for the long reply

·
Registered
412 Posts
could be the dustcaps maybe? is the o-ring still there on them?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if its fogging up in your headlight assembly, then you should reseal the assembly. moisture is getting in there from somewhere and it may be the cause for your bulbs burning out. go to autozone and buy sealant then take off the bumper, take off the headlight and put the sealant along the part where the casing and the lense cover of the headlight connect. and if that doesnt work, then you probably have a crack somewhere and you will need to probably replace the headlight (if its in a visible area). but i would look for the crack and put sealant on it....these lights are too damn expensive to just be replacing.....sorry for the long reply
[/b]

i will check this out. i think i may just take it to the dealer and have them figure it out since the car is only 5 months old.

could be the dustcaps maybe? is the o-ring still there on them?
[/b]

i will check the dust caps. i dont think thats whats causing it. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Warranty repair....take it to mazda and get a new one.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
warranty repair..take it in...let mazda deal with just replacing the whole assembly
[/b]

i going to take it in next week, i would have done it this week but to busy and we got a shit load of snow.the rear tails also had some fog in them too that i saw today.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i definately 3rd taking it in. no use buying the warantee if you dont use it to get free repairs :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update. was it the dealer today about the lights and they are going to replace them.

M

·
0 Posts
HEHEH JK

It wont hurt notting, but it is annoying.[/b]
I have a Mazda 6 Katano with a similar problem . The dealer has replaced the whole headlight unit once but the problem is still there and he is awaiting a reply from Mazda UK concerning this ! Please can you tell me what the notice from Mazda said ?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I have a Mazda 6 Katano with a similar problem . The dealer has replaced the whole headlight unit once but the problem is still there and he is awaiting a reply from Mazda UK concerning this ! Please can you tell me what the notice from Mazda said ?[/b]
fullmetal6 was just kidding!

---Aloha

PS this thread is kinda old :blink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts