Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all..

I want ppl to start posting their wb02 datalogs from dynos, etc.

It would give us some idea of whats going on with our cars with various mods.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Title says it all..

I want ppl to start posting their wb02 datalogs from dynos, etc.

It would give us some idea of whats going on with our cars with various mods.
[/b]

I can't datalog my wideband, but at WOT at about 6700 rpm in any gear I still hit 10.1 afr's holding about 16 psi to redline. I don't think any bolt on mods will push the stock fuel system to anywhere near it's limits.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't datalog my wideband, but at WOT at about 6700 rpm in any gear I still hit 10.1 afr's holding about 16 psi to redline. I don't think any bolt on mods will push the stock fuel system to anywhere near it's limits.
[/b]
EXACTLY.. Mazda has a very bad habit of overfueling their cars. If we are hitting 10.1 at 6700rpms, that tells me that the fuel system is prlly very underworked!

I wanted to get datalogs if possible to try to get an idea of how far we can go before we start running over 12:1 AFRs.

I think that 10:1 is probably getting into dangerous territory! WHY you might ask? Well, there is a good chance that the car is going to burn up the cats pretty fast, and that we might start to see adverse wear due fuel ending up in the oil and fuel washing away oil in the cylinders, causing scoring and burnt rings. Too much fuel can cause detonation just as easily as too little, prlly worse actually, because it can collect near the rings and flash due to heat build up.

I watched a guy insist on tuning his own car after I did an ECU install and he managed to destroy his rings because he tuned to AFR rather than tuning for HP. Even though there was no knock, he insisted on tuning to 11:1 because it was "safer". I told him to tune to max hp or knock, whichever came first, then go about a half point richer and leave it there for safety. Well, his max hp without knock happened at around 13 amazingly enough and he didn't want to believe it.

11:1 was dumping huge amounts of fuel and within about 3 months he was back with low compression in all his cylinders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts