Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing that someone's sig had a water solution for the IC. Searched, but didn't see it. If that's you, do you see any real world increase in performance. My buddy with the STi says his is great when it's super hot, lessor gains when it's not 80+ degrees.

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really? My cousin has an STi and I never even realized they had the sprayers. Haha, but then again, I only knew about the Evos 'cause I learned to drive standard a few years back on my brother's.

But that would be interesting to see a sprayer on a MS6. Do you remember off hand where the guy had his located? I'm sure it would really make a difference, since our stock IC tends to heat soak dramatically. Especially for me -- live in a damn desert with 100+ temps and extremely low humidity lol.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? My cousin has an STi and I never even realized they had the sprayers. Haha, but then again, I only knew about the Evos 'cause I learned to drive standard a few years back on my brother's.

But that would be interesting to see a sprayer on a MS6. Do you remember off hand where the guy had his located? I'm sure it would really make a difference, since our stock IC tends to heat soak dramatically. Especially for me -- live in a damn desert with 100+ temps and extremely low humidity lol.
[/b]
For the guy with the MS6 sprayer, no idea, which is why I started this thread, but yeah, all 2005+ STi's have an intercooler sprayer. My buddy loves to show it off. And at 95-100 degrees here in the summer, it must help. Heat dissipation for a liquid vs. air is an order of magnitude better!

Hopefully the guy with the MS6 sprayer will reply!

Cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well STi's have TMIC, too, no? I haven't seen how their IC sprayers are but I'm sure we can try to copy-cat them. I'll call my cousin and have him snap some photos of his setup.

Then again, I'm not sure if it would even be worth trying to fab one to work. I don't know about you, but I'm probably going to be switching mine out for an aftermarket one sometime soon.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't think I have seen anyone with a water sprayer but I have seen someone with a N2 intercooler sprayer and I think its Discountpowerparts that has a water/meth injection kit installed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well I think that if I WAS to decide to put one on I'd prefer it just to be a water sprayer for the time being, since I'm sure I'll end up going with a FMIC in the long run. And I really don't trust a water/meth injection kit w/o tuning haha :/

·
Registered
651 Posts
I don't think I have seen anyone with a water sprayer but I have seen someone with a N2 intercooler sprayer and I think its Discountpowerparts that has a water/meth injection kit installed.
[/b]
I initially thought that was what this was about...this is the thread on the meth injection.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=59926&hl=

It would be interesting to see if he can pull a decent 1/4 with it...but there's no AWD dyno's in the area here to really test it out.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Click the link in my sig for how to install a nitrous innercooler sprayer kit on an MS6. I did it to counter the increase in BAT caused by uping the boost.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You're going to gain far more with the water/meth spraying INTO the intake tract rather than onto it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts