Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this very frustrating problem with my 6. Its a 2005 6i. I got it used at about 18K and now it has almost 30k on it.

Everytime it rains, the passenger and the rear passenger carpet gets wet. Especially the rear seat behind the passenger seat gets soaked. The wierd thing is the sidewalls of the carpet is dry, just smack in the middle is wet.

Anybody had this or have any idea why ?

I have just sent it back to Mazda and hopefully they can figure out why.

help..?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does the water smell like antifreeze? If it does you could have a bad heater core. The explanation for behind the front passenger seat is that there is a vent that goes back there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope it doesn't smell like antifreeze.

And its not like its always wet. Its only wet when it rains, and its the rear passenger seat that is soaked, the front passenger seat is only damp.

I guess one way to find out is to rip the carpeting out, but that sure is too much work. Sure hope Mazda can figure it out

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Maybe you have a missing body plug. Water is getting thrown up from under the car into the carpet, but that would only be while driving. Have you looked while it was raining to try and see if there is any visible leaking?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the Mazda guys found the problem.

apparently there is a kind of cap near or under the hood that should keep water out but let air in and thats broken, so they are going to replace that.

hope thats the cure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts