Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
update: the leaks in the areas i sealed seemed to have stopped. however, i now found water (minimal) in the trunk that seemed to get in between the rubber weather seal in the middle of the trunk opening. anyone else get this? will need to check again once it rains or try with a hose, but at least it seems i am slowly fixing the problem.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I was getting water from that same spot that you put a green circle around. It is a bracket that the rear bumber clips into and there are square rubber seals that go on outside and should prevent water from coming in. I was missing one so I bought a new bracket and replaced however I still get water in trunk. So I will need to get in the trunk and close it and have somone spray it to see why I still get water in there. Such a PITA.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2015 M6 with water in the spare tire well

I was cleaning the trunk, after transporting some plants for the garden... figured I'd go ahead and vacuum out the spare tire well.
Covering is dry, but there was quite a bit of water in the spare tire, and well. I used a suction pump to evacuate the water.... and decided to attempt to find the source.
Washed the car, and opened the trunk.. again.. water in the spare tire, everything else seems to be dry.

I guess it's waranty time

·
Registered
1 Posts
for those of you with a sunroof it could also be the drain tubes which should drain out in the wheel well area.
[/QUOT

Maybe bit old post now, but yep sunroof plastic drain channels eventually crack and dribble water down to the jack well. I think a drill hole there will solve the problem, dont forget to paint it to prevent further rusting.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts