Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
The new 6 sells VERY bad in australia and they did a huge price cut recently so wait and see...
Here in Sweden they also have large stocks of cars at the dealers so I think they have to cut the price here also.

The new styling isn't working, in countries where the new car have been launched the sell has gone down, I think it's the not so sporty styling AND a rather heavy price tag.

I didn't choose to buy the new due to price, look and the 2,5l engine only comes with stick gearbox no automatic (what the h***l!)

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
It looks like a Camry. It drives like a Camry.

Mazda, you killed my driving aspirations. Shame on you. Take your new 6 and shove it, I'll keep mine.

jb606, what did you think of the driving experience? Also, which dealer was that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also, the 2.5L weighs as much as my V6 manual (3200 lbs+) , with only 170 hp (50 hp less than the 6). I haven't driven one, but it can't scoot. The new V6 is 3500lbs+. I guess an extra 50 hp wil move that a bit better. All of the pamphlets say bigger than accord... accord is now a full sized car.

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
QUOTE (LapisLazuli6 @ Aug 22 2008, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1418547
It looks like a Camry. It drives like a Camry.

Mazda, you killed my driving aspirations. Shame on you. Take your new 6 and shove it, I'll keep mine.

jb606, what did you think of the driving experience? Also, which dealer was that?[/b]
The car did well, it's just not a Mazda6 anymore. The thing that jumped out the most, or least, is how quiet the inside of the car is.

Driving well, I can comment on power because I was driving an 2.5L five speed slush box. The power was there, just needed more right foot to find it. The steering is a bit twitchy. I doesn't take a whole lot of steering input to change lines, but the heavy steering wheel helps balance that out a bit. Since I didn't know the sales rep very well I didn't try any high speed anything. Didn't get the car past about 65mph.

LapisLazuli6, that was Rich Morton Mazda in Pasadena. Not a bad dealership, first one in Maryland, that I've been to, that doesn't try to push BS services when all you was is an oil change.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts