Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a street racing topic but just be aware.... Don't line up against a SRT4. I was at the Carlisle car show this past weekend and saw some guy dynoing his Neon SRT4. Impressive numbers 252HP and 383 TORQUE!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
yah, certainly not stock though... and not awd... but lighter...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
u will definately get them off the line, unless you bog or they have slicks, since their grip is hardly existant at those hp numbers, but they will catch up after after a few feet. we should be able to take stock srt4's but it is mostly going to be a driver's race.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
This is not a street racing topic but just be aware.... Don't line up against a SRT4. I was at the Carlisle car show this past weekend and saw some guy dynoing his Neon SRT4. Impressive numbers 252HP and 383 TORQUE!!
[/b]

that torque number is wrong, got the wrong ignition wire. I saw a Stage2 srt4 dyno at 260hp and 280lb, past weekend.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here is the track times from a 'near-stock' SRT-4 I raced against with my neon:
60ft: 2.459
330ft: 6.424
1/8 mile: 9.462 @ 82.39
1/4 mile: 14.165 @ 105.36

I say 'near stock' because I'm not sure if he had a CAI or the Stage 2 kit, but he didn't have a Cat-Back.

Here is my latest G-Tech run in the spd6:
60 ft: 2.08 - I didn't drop the clutch.
330ft: 5.85
1/8 mile: 8.95 @ 79.5
1/4 mile: 13.85 @ 99.7

In street tires the SRT-4 will loose all day at the track against the speed 6's. If anyone saw the Tuner Transformation show where they put a larger turbo in one and dyno'd it at 375hp to the wheels, I watched him run 13.9 - 13.5 all day. He couldn't hook it up with the street tires, just spins in 1st and 2nd.
Don't race them on the street because their top end MPH will blow you away by the time the 1/4 mile comes :)

Just my 2 cents, it's the main reason why I didn't wait for the 300hp Caliber SRT-4.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Here is the track times from a 'near-stock' SRT-4 I raced against with my neon:
60ft: 2.459
330ft: 6.424
1/8 mile: 9.462 @ 82.39
1/4 mile: 14.165 @ 105.36

In street tires the SRT-4 will loose all day at the track against the speed 6's. If anyone saw the Tuner Transformation show where they put a larger turbo in one and dyno'd it at 375hp to the wheels, I watched him run 13.9 - 13.5 all day. He couldn't hook it up with the street tires, just spins in 1st and 2nd.
Don't race them on the street because their top end MPH will blow you away by the time the 1/4 mile comes :)

Just my 2 cents, it's the main reason why I didn't wait for the 300hp Caliber SRT-4.
[/b]
Yeah, just look at the 1/8 times for the srt-4 (not too good), it pulls much harder b/w the 1/8 and the 1/4.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Neon....

Mazda's greatest Foe
[/b]
I dont think it's Mazda's greatest foe but more like SRT-4 owners are everyone's greatest foe...I havent met an SRT-4 owner that I liked, they all seem to be jerks.

Killer fast cars at a killer price...unfortunetly they seem to hand you your official membership to the jerk club along with the keys to the car

·
Registered
172 Posts
I dont think it's Mazda's greatest foe but more like SRT-4 owners are everyone's greatest foe...I havent met an SRT-4 owner that I liked, they all seem to be jerks.

Killer fast cars at a killer price...unfortunetly they seem to hand you your official membership to the jerk club along with the keys to the car
[/b]
So true. I also believe that crap is crap no matter how you package it. A turd with a bow is still a turd. I owned a basic Neon awhile back and would never own another no matter how fast it is. Fit and finish go along way as well as refinement.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

[/b]

indeed. they think they're the shit cuz they have a stage2 badge on the back.

at the end of the day, you still have a neon, and i still have my 6.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
if you are afraid of stock srt-4's, be afraid of AGP srt-4's...lol http://agpturbo.com

good thing AGP is getting ready to work on speed6's
[/b]
Yes indeed. I have a black SRT-4 and I just put an AGP intercooler in it. It's got some kick. I want to put a nice fat AGP FMIC on the speed 6. That ought to be just the right spice to really make this thing one "hells-a-howlin" 4-cylinder.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
30 Participants
Daridari
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing