Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about making custom eyelids today and could have sworn a few weeks ago I saw someone post a printable template on the forum somewhere? Can you help me find it if its here, or at least tell me that it was a dream. Thanks.

EDIT. come to think of it i think it was a rear bumper reflector template for blacking them out. nevermind

·
Registered
476 Posts
If I had a template, I would make sooooo many for ppl! lol 5 bucks a pop :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
you were thinking of cutting them out of vinly or polyurathane?

·
Registered
476 Posts
you were thinking of cutting them out of vinly or polyurathane?
[/b]
The same 20% vinyl I used for my markers

·
Registered
748 Posts
i'm sure you can make a custom one, you'll just have to use tracing paper or something over the actual headlight to draw it's shape. Then just draw the eyelid yourself, shouldn't be hard at all after tracing the shape. If you can't draw curves freehand there are special rulers (french rulers i believe). This is just an idea.

i can try and do one if you're really serious about doing some for everyone, PM me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i'm sure you can make a custom one, you'll just have to use tracing paper or something over the actual headlight to draw it's shape. Then just draw the eyelid yourself, shouldn't be hard at all after tracing the shape. If you can't draw curves freehand there are special rulers (french rulers i believe). This is just an idea.

i can try and do one if you're really serious about doing some for everyone, PM me.
[/b]
Thats a good idea, im gunna go to my local art supply store tonight and look at the different rulers! If its not too hard to get good angles and that it wont look too cheezy :slap: , I will have no problem selling some! BTW I am also going to tap plastics (theres one right by my house) and see the variety of vinyl and cling tint. The prices are are there good, so my selling cost shouldnt be very much to my fellow sixers I would think less than $10, shipping might be more since I cant just use regular mail. ! Depending on the prices, It might even bring down the cost of my removable tinted side marker overlays to 4 bucks shipped! Il lprobably post an ad in the group buy/classified section!

·
Registered
392 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Mazda6_1981
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing