Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've tried going through the forums to find a relevant topic but without success I have resorted to starting this thread......

I don't know if any of you guys have had any similar problems but my (front) screen washer jets seem clogged up and now only 2 of the four holes on either side work......any ideas on how to clean them without knackering them completely?

Appreciate any help......

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi guys,

I've tried going through the forums to find a relevant topic but without success I have resorted to starting this thread......

I don't know if any of you guys have had any similar problems but my (front) screen washer jets seem clogged up and now only 2 of the four holes on either side work......any ideas on how to clean them without knackering them completely?

Appreciate any help......
[/b]
try using a saftey pin tip and stick it in the jet holes, be careful though in case you slip you dont want to scratch your paint.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I turn my washer jets on the solution flys over my car and hits the car behind me, any suggestions to how I can aim them to actually hit my windsheild? (Dont laugh at me!!!! :p :D )

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
let's see a pic they must be horribly loose

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I turn my washer jets on the solution flys over my car and hits the car behind me, any suggestions to how I can aim them to actually hit my windsheild? (Dont laugh at me!!!! :p :D )
[/b]
No one has any suggestions???? :(

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
[/b]
stop washing the windshield while driving?

·
Registered
165 Posts
stop washing the windshield while driving?
[/b]
Thats cute. :sarc:

I would like to wash my windshield when I am driving, any suggestions on how to get the jets aimed correctly, or anywhere I could bring the car to get them fixed?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I haven't done this on my 6 but that's happened to me before on other cars. I've carefully used a toothpick to re-aim the nozzles. Mind you, I'm not sure this will work on the 6 and you have to be VERY careful. Just a thought.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I haven't done this on my 6 but that's happened to me before on other cars. I've carefully used a toothpick to re-aim the nozzles. Mind you, I'm not sure this will work on the 6 and you have to be VERY careful. Just a thought.
[/b]
Yeah, my dad tired that, he got a saftey pin and aimed them, then I would spray them to see were they went and so on.... went through 2 gallons of windshield fluid and they are still messed up... I think I need to take my car to get them fixed... but I am not sure where.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
PM me and we'll look at them before you spend any money. Not to say your Dad can't do it but it's worth a try, since it's free!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had a similar problem with my left nozzle. It was clogged up and I tried to clean it, then I just messed it up even more. I took it to the dealership, and they replaced it for me under warranty. If you are still under warranty, just take it to Mazda.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The problem while driving and using the sprayers is that they aren't always powerful enough to overcome the air flowing over the car. Something you just have to live with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts