Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks really good this wax system I found in the June 2006 Automobile page 39.

Step 1: Polish
Pre-Wax Cleaner
As it cleans, Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner preps your paint by removing oxidation, old wax buildup, contaminants and small scratches, as well as smoothing the edges of larger imperfections.

Step 2: Seal
Sealer & Glaze
Mothers Sealer & Glaze increases your paint's depth and luster; adding a brilliant glowing shine while filling and hiding minor swirls and defects and minimizing unsightly imperfections.

Step 3: Protect
Pure Carnauba Wax
Mothers Pure Carnauba Wax is the final step to giving your vehicle unsurpassed shine, depth of color and protection. It's non-abrasive, so you can use it as often as you like. And it comes in both liquid and paste.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
These three step systems were all the rage about 5 years ago. They weren't impressive then, especially considering the effort involved, and newer products likely make them less impressive.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i used mothers last 3 step and loved it. had both the liquid and paiste wax as well. it is a damn tiring process, but if you really want to make the paint pop, it works great.

though i think a clay bar and zaino does a super job too with less effort.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I use Mother's clay bar and then the 3 step method, usually doing 2 coats of the sealer/glaze and 2 coats of wax. I do this once a year, around late May / early June and then do another 2 coats of wax in early September. I don't mind all the effort, since it keeps the car looking good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
rob
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing