Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a weird letter in the mail today. Saying this company will give me $100 if I can spare three hours of my time to test drive some new cars that would be coming out. Freakin sweet! It's from a company called synovate. Don't know exactly how they got my info, or how they know I really like to 'drive' cars. But wtf why the hell not??? Anyway if anyone else got this letter, I'm curious to know if they are going to do it?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If it's close by then hell yeah I'd say go for it! Hopefully you get to drive something fun instead of an SUV or minivan, but take pictures (if they let you) and tell us what you drove!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's close by then hell yeah I'd say go for it! Hopefully you get to drive something fun instead of an SUV or minivan, but take pictures (if they let you) and tell us what you drove!
[/b]
I sent in the application today. I definatley will bring my camera, we'll see if they let me take any pictures. It's not until the end of June, but I'll keep you posted on wether or not I'm selected and if I get to drive anything fun and exciting.

·
Registered
978 Posts
how cool would it be if you got to drive the next gen of the 6...with the 3.5 in it :drool:

but you'll probably have to sign a loyalty oath thing and be sworn to secrecy...but you can tell us; we won't tell anyone :sarc:

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Synovate is a survey company that does research for a lot of manufacturers, so it's legit.

I've filled out questionaire forms from them before, but they never asked me about test-driving. Bastards. :)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I got one of those when I 1st bought my car. Didn't feel like driving all the way to King of Prussia though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got one of those when I 1st bought my car. Didn't feel like driving all the way to King of Prussia though.
[/b]
Shit man that's only about 25 minutes from me :D

how cool would it be if you got to drive the next gen of the 6...with the 3.5 in it :drool:

but you'll probably have to sign a loyalty oath thing and be sworn to secrecy...but you can tell us; we won't tell anyone :sarc:
[/b]

:drool: But on the survey they did ask a lot of questions for compacts. ... :tear: Just hope I'm not driving a freaking yaris. :barf:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
:drool: But on the survey they did ask a lot of questions for compacts. ... :tear: Just hope I'm not driving a freaking yaris. :barf:
[/b]
Power brake everything if its an ATX

Drop the Clutch at 5000rpm if its a mtx.

And try drifting with them as well :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

[/b]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

[/b]
...and get it onto 3 wheels if you can.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That sounds like a cool gig!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like a cool gig!
[/b]

Hell yeah, just hope I get picked. I was telling my housemate about being picked and how it would be fun to beat on another car for a while. He told me that you should replicate 'normal' driving conditions. :nana: So I laughed at him and told him, "It'll be nice to beat on another car for a while!" He's a very conservative driver with a caviler, ick. But it works for him, he's all about just getting there. Where I want to get there fast and in style! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hoping you're still out there...

I just got one of these in the mail two days ago, as well - also from Synovate, inviting me to an event in the DC area the first week of August.

I'm on vacation the week they are doing it, but since I'm driving, I was thinking of delaying my trip by 3 hours to participate in this on the Saturday morning. I figure, hey, it's 150$ and that'll cover my gas money for the trip, that's pretty sweet.

Did you end up getting selected to go, what'd you end up doing, was it legit, etc.? I'm reluctant to give them my information in some ways, but if it's a good time (driving cars for 150$?!) I figure I might as well.

As a note, the cars that they ask specifically about in mine are the Malibu, Caliber, Fusion, Civic, Accord, Sonata, Mz3, Mz6, Sentra, Altima, Corolla, Camry, Jetta, Passat. And it asks how much you are likely to consider vehicles in certain price ranges for your next purchase, ranging from under 16K going up in 2K increments (16-17,999, 18-19,999) until "28K or more." Given that I'm likely to step up from my 6s next (hopefully...), I have a feeling I might be outside that target group.

So yeah, let me know what you thought of it, how it went, etc.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
They need me to do something like that. Unfortunately, I never get the opportunity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
chikoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing