Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members,

I am new to this board. I barely bought a 2008 Mazda 6 with 27,000 on it already. Clean title with very few scratches. When I got home though, I noticed my car was leaking some kind of fluid. I couldn't make out which fluid it was. My question is, if in fact something is damaged, this would be covered by the warranty? I checked manual and I believed it said 36,000 or 50,000 or less would be covered. There are no mods to this car. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
You'll be covered.

The warranty is 3-years/36K miles bumper-to-bumper, 5-years/60K miles powertrain. Since you're well under both, the warranty should still cover you, even if you're not the original owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great. I appreciate your help. Just yesterday, I noticed the inside of the front bumper had some kind of number. The fender is a little off. I'm guessing its been an accident, even if it does have a clean title. The frame has tape around it. I'm hoping it is not gonna affect anything with the warranty or my safety. Does it?

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
I'm not sure if the number or the tape is a tell-tale sign of an accident. You may want to have the car looked at by a mechanic.

What exactly is the color of the fluid that's leaking? Can you tell where it's coming from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't tell where exactly its coming from, considering it has something covering the bottom of the car. The color of the fluid is brownish. I can't make out what type of fluid it could be. I would like a mechanic to check out my car. Hopefully Mazda will cover me. Thanks for the response. Appreciate the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts