Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a quote from a dealer here, I was going threw the numbers and saw a fee for a warranty premium for 475 dollars. If I didnt ask for any kind of extended warranty... and just want the stock one that comes with the car, should I be getting charged for this? I'm a little bit sketched out by this dealer already because he told me straight to my face this quote he gave me has all of there charges on it. But when I added up all of the fees on the quote there seems to be 1000 dollars of money that came from no where. when he told me there are no hidden charges or anything.

Thanks in advance

Edit: also does 400 dollars seem like a lot of a doc fee?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I didn't pay for my warranty... well not extra that is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Standard Mazda warranty is free. Mazda Warranty

2006 models - 4yr/50k miles
2007 models - 3yr/36k miles

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The factory warantee is free. If you didn't ask for an extended warantee you shouldn't be paying for one.

Most dealerships charge a document fee, but you can usually negotiate it out or at least lower.

Unless you're just trying to make a great deal even better, you need to find a different dealership.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I just got a quote from a dealer here, I was going threw the numbers and saw a fee for a warranty premium for 475 dollars. If I didnt ask for any kind of extended warranty... and just want the stock one that comes with the car, should I be getting charged for this? I'm a little bit sketched out by this dealer already because he told me straight to my face this quote he gave me has all of there charges on it. But when I added up all of the fees on the quote there seems to be 1000 dollars of money that came from no where. when he told me there are no hidden charges or anything.

Thanks in advance

Edit: also does 400 dollars seem like a lot of a doc fee?
[/b]
$400 Documentation fee?!?!?!?!!!! :nono: Dude, I'd walk, the usual is $50 (least here in Texas) and you can usually get them to waive it if you bitch enough. To put into perspective; that's more than the title company charged for the doc fee when I closed on my HOUSE!!!!

my 2 cents

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I thought it all seemed like a lot of money.. and the money factor he quoted me is crap.. its .00270 and my credit is in the 800's. im gonna tell him to drop the 1k hidden fees, drop the doc fee, and to drop the warranty, and lower the money factor

Thanks for everyones replies

·
Registered
114 Posts
The doc fees at my dealer are 250.00 they went up in june .from 100.00 ..(ohio)..

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Dealerships and saleman are pond scum!!! Run away from this dealership if they give you more crap about these stupid, over inflatted charges. I went to one Mazda dealership when I was looking at the MS6 just to see what they could offer me. They added the extra warranty without me asking for it. After that moement.....I knew these guys were assholes. So I left and bought my MS6 at the first dealership i went to. They treated me nice, I got the price I wanted and they had no hidden fees. Plus, I got free water! lol :drive:

Run Forest....run.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah I thought it all seemed like a lot of money.. and the money factor he quoted me is crap.. its .00270 and my credit is in the 800's. im gonna tell him to drop the 1k hidden fees, drop the doc fee, and to drop the warranty, and lower the money factor

Thanks for everyones replies
[/b]
Drop the dealer. Selling you a warranty on a leased car is sleaze, pure and simple. MAC has gap insurance as part of the lease, so there's no reason except that they want to make more off the car than the deal allows without hijinx. As far as doc fees, you have to distinguish between the dealer's prep fees and state/county imposed title/registration fees. My doc fee on the lease was $50, while title/reg were like $275.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A lot of dealers are now using the "doc fee" as their profit. They'll sell you any car at their actual cost, then make it up in the Doc Fee. I've seen them from $5 to $1600. Rhode Island dealers are limited to $5 by law.

When shopping for a car, ask a bunch of dealers what the total cost of the car will be (say you're having your bank make out a certified check for the exact amount). Send via email. You'll get back numbers all over the place. Go to the dealer with the smallest number. I once did that and the dealer had $500 printed on his sales sheet. No way to get rid of it. They dropped the price by $500 to match another dealer's price. I paid less in sales tax, so was happy.

jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts