Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad took my 6 in for me for warranty work (the Defogger-TSB crap).. The dealer said he could have any car he wanted, but they're only putting up a certain amount of money for a loaner, and he'd have to pay the difference.

So, they took him to the Enterprise lot. He said they had a plethora of cars to choose from; luxuries, SUV's, and even Porche's. My dad picked a car, and came home. When I saw him pull up in front of the house, my heart sank. He picked a red 2005 Chevy Aveo.... Hubcaps, manual windows, manual mirrors, and just an AM/FM radio (not even a tape deck!). Thank God I didn't have to drive it for more than 3 miles... That thing was soooo underpowered, and was literally a chore to drive. Needless to say, I beat the crap out of it when I was driving it, taking hard turns, flooring it, and even trying to peel out, which it couldn't do... My old car, a 1994 Nissan Sentra LE sedan, was a helluva lot faster, than the Aveo (Aveo = 104hp, Sentra = 108hp)... Wow.. Just.. wow. Not to mention, it smelled like cigarette smoke, and a crappy cherry air freshener.

So, needless to say, when I picked up my car later that day, I wanted to give it a biiig hug.

:love:

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Aveo is definitely a chore to drive. I bet it's especially because the car appears so aerodynamically unstable, being a very small, light, and powerless car with an awkward shape. The Mazda 6 seems to stay glued to the road at all times in terms of my four-month experience with it so far. You probably wish your dad took out the Porsche as some kind of gift to you or something. I would've loved to have one of those pull up to my house waiting for me to drive it.

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,644 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad loaner.

I just dropped off my 6 this morning for bodywork, and got a '04 Neon as a loaner. It's an ATX with no options, but it does have a tape deck, and I just have to gas it a little more when pulling out. My wife has a '00 Neon, so I'm sort of used to it, although I'm sure I'll be missing my car in a couple days. :)

Oh yeah, that "I've no idea how to drive stick" thing... You'd better fix that ASAP! :drive:

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
How do you ppl get all these crappy loaners?? I took my car in for the TSB defroster thing, and I got a brand new MPV ES with 2000 miles on it. The last time, I got an 06 Legacy turbo wagon from the dealer. Usually when you're renting from Enterprise in a situation like that, the rate you're charged for a replacement is alot cheaper than you'd pay for a typical rental car. They tried that 'Cavalier, Neon, Aveo' bullshit with me when I got a loaner for my Jetta before. I told them they needed to move up a class real quick.

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,644 Posts
I'm not exactly complaining about my "crappy" loaner when the bodyshop loans it to you free of charge, with unlimited mileage for as long as my 6 is being repaired.

It's rare around here to have a collision shop that does this, WITHOUT a fee.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You people are tripping over a Loaner???.....it's just a Loaner what's the huge deal? calm down....calm down

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
LIKE OMG I KNOW ARCH4LYFE I MEAN MY LIFE CAN'T GO ON ANYMORE THIS LOANER SUCKS ASSS WAAAAAHHHBULANCE!!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well if you spend money on a nicer car (nicer than a Cavalier, Neon, etc) I don't wanna drive something below what I'm paying for. Whether it's free or not, I want something comparable to what I own.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Whether it's free or not, I want something comparable to what I own.
[/b]
That is the problem.... nothing is "free". Maybe they don't charge you for the rental, but the cost is baked into the price of the car. It is a rental..... most companies that sell cars in the price range of Mazda don't even offer any type of rentals. When you bought your Mazda, nowhere did it say, "we will provide you with a car at least as nice as yours". It provides for basic transportation, nothing more. Just be thankful you are getting ANY vehicle... then drive by your local Toyota dealer and wave to all the people in the lounge waiting for their Camry's to get fixed! :nana:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
That is the problem.... nothing is "free". Maybe they don't charge you for the rental, but the cost is baked into the price of the car. It is a rental..... most companies that sell cars in the price range of Mazda don't even offer any type of rentals. When you bought your Mazda, nowhere did it say, "we will provide you with a car at least as nice as yours". It provides for basic transportation, nothing more. Just be thankful you are getting ANY vehicle... then drive by your local Toyota dealer and wave to all the people in the lounge waiting for their Camry's to get fixed! :nana:
[/b]
True about waving to Toyota drivers. I know they have Toyota rent-a-car, but it's not free though (my ex had a Celica and I used to take it in all the time). Hertz actually rents Mazda6 models, which I'm glad because that's how I ended up with one. :) Rental companies these days have a larger variety of vehicles than just a particular brand though. And believe it or not, Enterprise may be the biggest but not necessarily the cheapest on the block anymore. Their cars are also dirty and beat up more than other companies in my experience.

With a loaner, if your warranty includes it, most of the time the clause is to give you something comparable to what you own. It's not always that way though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Enterprise rents Porche's??? I find that hard to believe.
[/b]

What's a Porche? I've heard of a Porsche...but never a Porche. :)

In a funny loaner story, my best friend's rich mom has a 2005 Cadillac XLR. $80,000 car. She took it in for warranty work and got a Focus wagon as her loaner. Now that's ridiculous!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts