Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, that's all I got to say. I've had issues before about cylinder 4 causing CEL to come on but after replacing the coil that problem stopped. This time, the prob was diagnosed as cylinder 3 with 30% less compression than usual... big problem right?

My dealer told me they would replace the engine under warranty. Correct me if i'm wrong, but normally dealerships kick and scream and piss whenever they need to do a warranty replacement for anything. Why would they roll over so quickly?

And they said they fixed the hard shift problem... they already did the software update (or whatever you call it) and that did little to fix the problem, so i'm anxious to see how the car drives tonight.

Anyone else have similar problems?

·
Registered
30 Posts
that is really odd that they just rolled over. i had to kick and scream with my dealer for 3 weeks and mazda NAO to get them to put in a new one. Just got the call an hour ago saying their gonna replace on goodwill. Yea right who gives someone a new motor out of goodwill. Hey I like you, heres a $7k+ motor. IAs far as you go they probably realized that it wasn't your fault immediately, thought if they didn't replace it you would make a fuss about it and get it anyways so they saved the trouble.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the car out for a little bit after I picked it up and it seems that it has better response. It certainly runs a lot smoother than the rough idle i was experiencing prior.

I find it very suspect that they rolled over without a fight. So much so that I'm contemplating how much longer I should really keep the car. Given that they gave in so easily, i'm sure i'm not the only one with the prob. If they know of a problem and act out of "goodwill" they will have a lot less people complaining about the problem.

Still have quite a ways to go with the warranty, so i'll keep driving for at least another year to see. But for pete's sake, I gotta keep it tame for another 5000 km to work in the engine. Dammit...

"here's your car back the way it's supposed to be, the throttle response is actually quite good now, but drive it like a grandma for 5000 km..."

:sarc:

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Wow, that's all I got to say. I've had issues before about cylinder 4 causing CEL to come on but after replacing the coil that problem stopped. This time, the prob was diagnosed as cylinder 3 with 30% less compression than usual... big problem right?

My dealer told me they would replace the engine under warranty. Correct me if i'm wrong, but normally dealerships kick and scream and piss whenever they need to do a warranty replacement for anything. Why would they roll over so quickly?

And they said they fixed the hard shift problem... they already did the software update (or whatever you call it) and that did little to fix the problem, so i'm anxious to see how the car drives tonight.

Anyone else have similar problems?
[/b]

Kudos to the dealer? and why not. They know better.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I don't think it is abnormal... They just bill mazda for all the work, so they really don't care. The only time they care is if they have to take the hit...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Depends on the dealership, Mine is awesome, even with the mods they replaced 2 of my engines, bearings in the bottom end blew part, the engine was drinking oil, and the were like ok np this time around we wont rebuild it, we will just give ya a brand new one, and since then it has been awesome. Plus i got in good with the new service manager, he was like sweet exhaust sweet air box work, we will replace everythign hey i get paid lol. could be worse, my fiance has an accord, they refuse to replace the headlight plug that burnt out because it was replaced with an OEM sytle hyperwhite bulb...they said its not a honda part we will not fix it. Watts were the same, just the color of the bulb, and they refused warente work...ass holes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
TheMaz39
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing