Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great posts......and I agree with its deposits not actually warping that gives the car the shakes. It's happened twice with mine and I can tell you exactly when it started both times. Having 2 piston calipers would go a long way towards giving us a little more surface area/margin of error in our driving habits. The 2016+ CX-9 has then and I'd bet money they would bolt right up to our 6's. I've been meaning to find some and try it but just haven't made the effort. I'll keep you posted.

If they fit.....would the original fronts fit in the back....Hmmmmmm.

484 Posts
Great posts......and I agree with its deposits not actually warping that gives the car the shakes. It's happened twice with mine and I can tell you exactly when it started both times. Having 2 piston calipers would go a long way towards giving us a little more surface area/margin of error in our driving habits. The 2016+ CX-9 has then and I'd bet money they would bolt right up to our 6's. I've been meaning to find some and try it but just haven't made the effort. I'll keep you posted.

If they fit.....would the original fronts fit in the back....Hmmmmmm.
Well, stopping power is mainly judged by the strength of the servo motor. a 2 piston caliper will give you more stopping power, but the weak point would be tire grip.. so.. that would be the first place to start.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The OEM front rotors develop brake judder very early. They are pure garbage. Severe brake judder at less than 20K miles for me. Never had it before.

I replaced my OEM rotors with Pep Boys rotors & pads and haven't had the problem again.

Mazda fan boys will tell you differently, but the OEM rotors are the problem.

484 Posts
The OEM front rotors develop brake judder very early. They are pure garbage. Severe brake judder at less than 20K miles for me. Never had it before.

I replaced my OEM rotors with Pep Boys rotors & pads and haven't had the problem again.

Mazda fan boys will tell you differently, but the OEM rotors are the problem.
It's the pads which cause the warping.

I got yo 100k Miles on my factory brakes and they still had a bit to go. They didnt judder ever. The mazda fanboys you mention just dont moles their braking system like you do.

They'll judder lots if you are abusive on them for sure..

41 - 46 of 46 Posts