Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so raceroots is a new company who started making parts for the MS3. they have just been banned from MSF for shady business practices and i am just warning people here to beware before you do business with them. they have been promising people a turbo kit for 4-5 months now and nothing has been done. several people have prepaid upwards of 5-6000 dollars and they are using this money for R&D. race roots recently changed their business name which is also shady and they should be trusted with caution. this is a warning for all members who dont frequent MSF and dont know whats going on. please be careful before doing business with them. they may be a legit company but right now thring are not going their way and i dont want anyone falling into another midevil trap.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well. Last visit to msf forums shows the RR threads still up with no admin comments, and right now RR's board sig shows:

Race Roots
Approved MSF Vendor
You can see a red line through the thread title, but if you linked into the thread, nothing.

There's _tons_ of crap in the performance aftermarket. "Hi-perf" parts are not infrequently worse than OEM or lacking key engineering details. Shops vary from can-do-anything to total frauds. It's a good biz for a scam artist because there are few options and often no reliable info on these shops.

Too bad we don't have a Lingenfelter (the Zeus of GM performance) for our platform. They're not cheap, but their stuff typically generates more hp than advertised not less. They even have warranties on complete engines!

Someone could do pretty well on this platform by adopting the Lingenfelter approach - design complete, tuned packages; build it, test it, hire the smartest brains, run it, race it & beat it till it breaks. Only after that does it get released to the public. Then underpromise, overdeliver, and price it high enough to grow the business.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (HiOfficer @ Feb 9 2010, 06:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635825
Well. Last visit to msf forums shows the RR threads still up with no admin comments, and right now RR's board sig shows:

Race Roots
Approved MSF Vendor
You can see a red line through the thread title, but if you linked into the thread, nothing.

There's _tons_ of crap in the performance aftermarket. "Hi-perf" parts are not infrequently worse than OEM or lacking key engineering details. Shops vary from can-do-anything to total frauds. It's a good biz for a scam artist because there are few options and often no reliable info on these shops.

Too bad we don't have a Lingenfelter (the Zeus of GM performance) for our platform. They're not cheap, but their stuff typically generates more hp than advertised not less. They even have warranties on complete engines!

Someone could do pretty well on this platform by adopting the Lingenfelter approach - design complete, tuned packages; build it, test it, hire the smartest brains, run it, race it & beat it till it breaks. Only after that does it get released to the public. Then underpromise, overdeliver, and price it high enough to grow the business.[/b]

too bad theres prob 1 million C5/6 vettes on the road and only 10k MS6's. i dont care how much HP some corvette can make, because the ZR1 is the only one that can claim any kind of exclusivity like the MS6 has.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
QUOTE (superskaterxes @ Feb 9 2010, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635852
too bad theres prob 1 million C5/6 vettes on the road and only 10k MS6's. i dont care how much HP some corvette can make, because the ZR1 is the only one that can claim any kind of exclusivity like the MS6 has.[/b]
Buying a very exclusive car FTL.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey superskater man, I wasnt trying to be a dick or anything but that post i just made in their thread on here about people not getting their stuff wasnt a jackass post. I knew they were shady......I know Socks and he never got anything he paid for. That is why I was trying to get people catch on to not think they were a legit company. They have craped on two people that I know of. Glad to see some people catch on to this.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (boostedblack6 @ Feb 9 2010, 10:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635875
Hey superskater man, I wasnt trying to be a dick or anything but that post i just made in their thread on here about people not getting their stuff wasnt a jackass post. I knew they were shady......I know Socks and he never got anything he paid for. That is why I was trying to get people catch on to not think they were a legit company. They have craped on two people that I know of. Glad to see some people catch on to this.[/b]

i know i was just trying to be civil but it came to a point when i diddent wanna see any one get ripped off like they did with midevil.

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (superskaterxes @ Feb 9 2010, 11:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635880
i know i was just trying to be civil but it came to a point when i diddent wanna see any one get ripped off like they did with midevil.[/b]
Yea this sucks to hear about so many companies doing this. Your one the only guys on these forums I believe when they speak and I didnt mean any disrespect. This platform is awesome and I wish we could get some more legit companys like CPe that make quality products. I have started redoing my car lately and i am letting Frank from Xtremeboost make some parts up. As soon as he opens shop here in NC he is serious about producing turbo kits for these cars if the interest is there. He is really eager to get something going after the results from the manifold he made for my car.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (boostedblack6 @ Feb 9 2010, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635881
Yea this sucks to hear about so many companies doing this. Your one the only guys on these forums I believe when they speak and I didnt mean any disrespect. This platform is awesome and I wish we could get some more legit companys like CPe that make quality products. I have started redoing my car lately and i am letting Frank from Xtremeboost make some parts up. As soon as he opens shop here in NC he is serious about producing turbo kits for these cars if the interest is there. He is really eager to get something going after the results from the manifold he made for my car.[/b]

good to hear. its the little guy who makes the biggest difference in this market. people seem to forget how much whoosh really did for us and how far he single handedly brought this platform along. with what he had on the car, he still holds the record to this day for the most power, which is MILES ahead of anyone else.

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Oh god not again. This is so awful. IT amazes me that it's so easy to get away with internet fraud. i was wondering why nothing ever happened with them. Poor whoever spent all their money with them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
True or not true I must say MSF.org creates their own problems and cannot say I'm suprised @ the drama. The entire forum rises and falls with the eb and flow of emotions/posts from its members opinions and so many people feed into the BS it's kinda comical looking back.

·
Registered
651 Posts
So true^^^^

I am still here with RR!! :)

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (y2kc0wb0y @ Feb 10 2010, 10:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635933
True or not true I must say MSF.org creates their own problems and cannot say I'm suprised @ the drama. The entire forum rises and falls with the eb and flow of emotions/posts from its members opinions and so many people feed into the BS it's kinda comical looking back.[/b]

no matter how u slice it, the ENTIRE mazdaspeed aftermarket is controlled by MSF and its members, whether good or bad.

EDIT: this is not a RR bashing thread either. this is just a warning for potential customers to do their homework from an otherwise "new" vendor that has had some previous shady experience. just be careful because theres nothing more disheartening then seeing a fellow member like iheartgroceries, whos been around for a VERY long time, get fucked by a company like midevil and be so brought down that he wants to go back to stock cause hes just sick with what happened. FUCK THAT. i will do everything in my power as a fellow speed owner to make sure that doesent happen again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (y2kc0wb0y @ Feb 10 2010, 10:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635933
True or not true I must say MSF.org creates their own problems and cannot say I'm suprised @ the drama. The entire forum rises and falls with the eb and flow of emotions/posts from its members opinions and so many people feed into the BS it's kinda comical looking back.[/b]
I agree MSF has some great community members and some that are too emotinal like you said. They continue to shoot themselves in the foot continuously.

QUOTE (mpsanger6 @ Feb 10 2010, 10:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635934
So true^^^^

I am still here with RR!! :)[/b]
:)

btw I got your pm I cannot reply to it...lol you can post the pics and start a new thread on all the forums if you like.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
QUOTE (HiOfficer @ Feb 9 2010, 03:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635825
There's _tons_ of crap in the performance aftermarket. "Hi-perf" parts are not infrequently worse than OEM or lacking key engineering details. Shops vary from can-do-anything to total frauds. It's a good biz for a scam artist because there are few options and often no reliable info on these shops.[/b]
Whatever state these guys are doing business from will have had to register with the state, and possibly file articles of incorporation, or file as a partnership, or sole proprietor. You could try getting this info through the secretary of state's office where their business is located. It sounds like the BBB isn't on the radar, but worth a try in general if you're skeptical.

QUOTE (boostedblack6 @ Feb 9 2010, 07:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635875
...I knew they were shady......I know Socks and he never got anything he paid for. That is why I was trying to get people catch on to not think they were a legit company. They have craped on two people that I know of. Glad to see some people catch on to this.[/b]
That sucks. Have they tried calling the Attorney General's office? It sounds like fraud, and could be considered mail or wire fraud as well. Most small places can't afford a half decent attorney, especially one that knows the state and federal laws that apply (or they choose to ignore them, hoping you won't take any action). If the AG cannot help, have them get you a copy of their state fillings. That way you have their names and address so you can pursue it in a civil case (or pay them a visit :punch:). If they have not registered as a business, they probably have no EIN, and I'm sure the IRS would be interested in this, and where Uncle Sam's cut went.

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (dougefresh_ @ Feb 10 2010, 10:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635940
Whatever state these guys are doing business from will have had to register with the state, and possibly file articles of incorporation, or file as a partnership, or sole proprietor. You could try getting this info through the secretary of state's office where their business is located. It sounds like the BBB isn't on the radar, but worth a try in general if you're skeptical.

That sucks. Have they tried calling the Attorney General's office? It sounds like fraud, and could be considered mail or wire fraud as well. Most small places can't afford a half decent attorney, especially one that knows the state and federal laws that apply (or they choose to ignore them, hoping you won't take any action). If the AG cannot help, have them get you a copy of their state fillings. That way you have their names and address so you can pursue it in a civil case (or pay them a visit :punch:). If they have not registered as a business, they probably have no EIN, and I'm sure the IRS would be interested in this, and where Uncle Sam's cut went.[/b]
We never ripped off socks he got his money back and Kurt is getting his Mani/DP shipped today.

Don't you think you should let the customers be the ones to decide to accuse for fraud? To date we have ripped off ZERO people.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts