Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i moved to Hawaii I am looking at changeing out things that no longer need to protect my car from the cold. Just looking for ideas and imput on mine, heres some ideas I've had:

Already done the TB coolent bypass.
Coolent flush, replace with Water/Royal purple mix.
160 t-stat
Summer tires, looking @ toyos T1-s (I think, or is it the T1-Rs?... :headscrat: whatevers on tireswap)
light weight battery no need for CCA

·
Registered
823 Posts
Since i moved to Hawaii I am looking at changeing out things that no longer need to protect my car from the cold. Just looking for ideas and imput on mine, heres some ideas I've had:

Already done the TB coolent bypass.
Coolent flush, replace with Water/Royal purple mix.
160 t-stat
Summer tires, looking @ toyos T1-s (I think, or is it the T1-Rs?... :headscrat: whatevers on tireswap)
light weight battery no need for CCA
[/b]
You put antifreeze in your coolant as well as the water / royal purple mix, yes? According to Royal Purples site they even recommend a 20% antifreeze mix on street driven vehicles.

And yes, if it is an ATX I would put in a tranny cooler.

Window tint? Would that help keep the heat out of the car and sun damage to the interior?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doh, forgot to say i had tranny cooler allready.

Anyone elce give me some feed back on the Antifreeze? anyone running just water or is 15% the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Cynt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing