Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm starting my second go around with the Mazda 6. My first attempt was a 2003 I model that had all kinds of mechanical problems. I finally got tired of all the problems and decided to buy a Toyota.

Anyway we commute about 60 miles a day and I got tried of driving the Toyota so I decide to come back to Mazda. I purchased a 2009 6-Speed I Touring version. Anyway we have had it now for just over two weeks and it has just over 1000 miles on it. What I'm noticing and what scares me is that when we get home from driving it around and put it in the garage I get this warm chemical smell.

What I'm trying to figure out is if it's just the coatings and paint on parts that might be baking or if there is something wrong with the clutch and what I'm smelling is the clutch burning. Both my wife and I have lots of experience driving a stick. Neither of us rip out from the light or skip the car on starts. Neither of us ride the clutch pedal. The smell seems to be stronger when we are driving around town then when we drive home from work on the highway.

Anyone experience anything like this.

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
117 Posts
New car burn off, no need to worry.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Also looks for blue tape or other items that he dealer should have taken off. Many reports of blue tape in the engine compartment and that could burn on something hot under the hood.

~Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'll look under the hood to see if I see anything. It was just strange that we seem to smell it worse when we drive it in town. But maybe that's due to having less air moving around the car then when we drive it on the highway. The in town smell being stronger is what made me thing of the clutch. Obviously we get on the highway and don't touch the clutch for some distance.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
jalexand
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing