Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wards: "While most non-DIG turbocharged engines wallow at low speed, waiting for their turbos to wind up, the new DIG turbo mills snap to attention directly from idle. When the torque benefits of DIG are bleeding off at higher rpm, the turbocharger already is making efficient boost. Magnificent!"

Hey, I'm pretty much technically ignorant, but this is what I suspected makes the MS6 engine so nice to drive.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I LOVE IT....I LOVE IT..

Gimmy More- Every time i read an article that speaks highly of my car/engine the first thing i do is forward it to my Turbo Lovin- Rice-Rocket driving buddies who barked at me when i decided to go this route..

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
please please PLEASE use the search key. :search:

so many times has there been redundant posts.
[/b]

um...? Was this directed at me? If it was- i wasnt searching or really asking for anything- i read a post about our car's engine and thought i'd comment on how awesome it was to read it. My comment of "Gimmy More" wasnt me asking for people to post old articles, it was just a natural excited responce towards our car- more or less directed towards the writers of these magazines in hopes for NEW articles.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
stussy2870, i understood what you meant. in any event, it's nice to see the speed6 talked about well.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
um...? Was this directed at me? If it was- i wasnt searching or really asking for anything- i read a post about our car's engine and thought i'd comment on how awesome it was to read it. My comment of "Gimmy More" wasnt me asking for people to post old articles, it was just a natural excited responce towards our car- more or less directed towards the writers of these magazines in hopes for NEW articles.
[/b]
no its not directed at u. its directed at the person that made the thread.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
its pretty funny how people are. Whether it be cars, electronics or sports. You guys love and agree when media spurge about what you own but despise it and say how they don't know shit when they diss it......Ex. Road and track/Car and driver.

·
Registered
856 Posts
its pretty funny how people are. Whether it be cars, electronics or sports. You guys love and agree when media spurge about what you own but despise it and say how they don't know shit when they diss it......Ex. Road and track/Car and driver.
[/b]
I don't mind reviewers "dissing" the car, but only if they have their facts straight.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Judges' Comments

Banks: Girl next door, with a naughty streak.

Murphy: A zesty twist to a mature vehicle architecture.

Winter: Strong at surprisingly low rpms.

McClellan: Too much torque in first gear.

Visnic: Totally explosive mid-range torque would give a 911 trouble from 50-90 mph.

Dont know what the last judge is smoking but "give a 911 trouble from 50-90 mph" - I dont think so.

·
Registered
403 Posts
please please PLEASE use the search key. :search:

so many times has there been redundant posts.
[/b]
It wasn't entirely redundant. The link works in this one and made for an interesting read. Search sucks, anyway. I ran the query "Wards top ten" and came up with nothing. Unlike most modern search engines you need the exact string, ie., "ward's" with the apostrophe to get the other post.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Judges' Comments

Banks: Girl next door, with a naughty streak.

Murphy: A zesty twist to a mature vehicle architecture.

Winter: Strong at surprisingly low rpms.

McClellan: Too much torque in first gear.

Visnic: Totally explosive mid-range torque would give a 911 trouble from 50-90 mph.
Dont know what the last judge is smoking but "give a 911 trouble from 50-90 mph" - I dont think so.
[/b]
May not be smoking anything good.... http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=52458

·
Registered
595 Posts
I see those times also, but I still find it hard to believe a car that will run in the mid-12's with a 4.1 sec 0-60mph will get beat by a high 13 second car in mid-range acceleration. The 911S only tops out at around 180 in 6th gear also, so it is not geared low either like some 6speed cars. For example, if the GTO could top out in 6th, it would be at something over 220mph - 5th and 6th gears are overdrive gears on the GTO/Corvette.

Also, when you race, you are not locked into a certain gear for the whole run. The 911S would probably leave the MS6 in the dust just by dropping down to the proper gear at 50mph which would be 2nd.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I see those times also, but I still find it hard to believe a car that will run in the mid-12's with a 4.1 sec 0-60mph will get beat by a high 13 second car in mid-range acceleration. The 911S only tops out at around 180 in 6th gear also, so it is not geared low either like some 6speed cars. For example, if the GTO could top out in 6th, it would be at something over 220mph - 5th and 6th gears are overdrive gears on the GTO/Corvette.

Also, when you race, you are not locked into a certain gear for the whole run. The 911S would probably leave the MS6 in the dust just by dropping down to the proper gear at 50mph which would be 2nd.
[/b]
I'm not saying the MS6 is in any way going to beat a 911 in a race - just commenting on what they were saying about mid-range power...and I think the phrase "give a 911 trouble" also is not indicating that the MS6 is faster, but rather the performance in that range is surprisingly quick for a sedan. Don't turn it into anything other than that...top speed, gearing...whatever....thats not what I'm talking about or what "Visnic" was talking about.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm not saying the MS6 is in any way going to beat a 911 in a race - just commenting on what they were saying about mid-range power...and I think the phrase "give a 911 trouble" also is not indicating that the MS6 is faster, but rather the performance in that range is surprisingly quick for a sedan. Don't turn it into anything other than that...top speed, gearing...whatever....thats not what I'm talking about or what "Visnic" was talking about.
[/b]

gearing is the reason the MS6 is what it is in those tests against much faster cars. That is what that test shows basically, because all of the cars will smoke the MS6 in a drag race.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
[/b]

also 911 is one of the best handling sports cars in the world. too many car owners are drag/bench racers.

·
Registered
595 Posts
also 911 is one of the best handling sports cars in the world. too many car owners are drag/bench racers.
[/b]

huh? we are not talking about an autocross or handling/brakeing. We are talking about acceleration. Did you even read the test in which this post is about?

·
Registered
815 Posts
huh? we are not talking about an autocross or handling/brakeing. We are talking about acceleration. Did you even read the test in which this post is about?
[/b]
Actually I was talking about you dismissing the reviewers comment re: "giving a 911 trouble" from 50 - 90....and I posted a link that showed strong mid-range performance for the MS6 and that I am not saying that the MS6 was faster in any way - just that the mid-range performance is strong enoough for a reviewer to make a comment like they did w/out being on drugs (good ones anyway). You are the only one talking about drag racing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
18 Participants
mexxi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing