Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, ive recently become a 6 owner and been on the site quite a bit reading through posts, and i would really like your opinions on something. Bought a 6 and it overheated, and thermostat was fixed. 4 weeks later it started doing it again, dealer took it to a mechanic and didnt fix anything. so would you return the car or keep?? i love all the features it has, but need a car i can depend on and not worry that it will overheat. would you return the car and get a totally different car, or stick it out and try and see if the overheating problem could be resolved? any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think I would probably have to take it back and get a different 6... it could be a head gasket, if so, it could have done some serious damage that could show up later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey all, ive recently become a 6 owner and been on the site quite a bit reading through posts, and i would really like your opinions on something. Bought a 6 and it overheated, and thermostat was fixed. 4 weeks later it started doing it again, dealer took it to a mechanic and didnt fix anything. so would you return the car or keep?? i love all the features it has, but need a car i can depend on and not worry that it will overheat. would you return the car and get a totally different car, or stick it out and try and see if the overheating problem could be resolved? any advice is greatly appreciated
If you have the option, take it back and get a different one. You have more to gain then loose. Its probably not a serious problem ,but better to be safe then sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts