Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question on Bulb Type ?

I've finally got all my funds together and wanted to get some advice before I buy all of what I wanted to get.
This is for my 2006 6i

EDIT:
Whats the type of bulb mean? H1? H3? etc. Which do I want?

HIDs:
DDM Premium Slimline HID Kit - Revolution Performance Motorsports!

debating between:
6000k - 35watt or 55watt not really sure which.

any advice or suggestions appreciated

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
Also will the 03-05 Grill's fit my 06? I know they had a facelift but, I'm not sure.
No, the grilles will not fit.

I'm also moving this thread to a more appropriate spot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for moving this.

I'm trying to buy the stuff as soon as possible, so I spend it on my car and not on a bike >=)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure on the Halos, found a good tutorial for them, but I really need some advice on which HID kit to get, there is about a million of them and I like the way the 55w 6000k look, I'll have to do the light mod, but if anyone has any advice that would be great.

and god damn such a bummer that the grill that I want is only 03-05 =\

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend getting your HID's and Halos from RPM. They may cost a litle more than others you can find on ebay, but they come with a LIFETIME warranty!!

Also, the halos are custom made to fit the Mazda 6 and ONLY the Mazda 6.

I went the whole RPM route, and when I had some problems with my halos, they TOTALLY took care of me...no questions or issues.

I am running halos with 55W, 6000k HID's.....LOVE THEM!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, RPM looks like a good site, and I'm buying them from them. I planned on getting 55w 600k HIDs..you do the glare mod?
EDIT:

Which Bulb do I want?

Do I need the "compete harness and relay?"

·
Registered
101 Posts
ur gonna need H1 unless you do the whole retrofit u might need some d2s....as for me im i just got some h1. I got the halos and HID from rpm havent installed..Tho i went with 35 watt 8000k ...and just a FYI if you go with 55watt it will wash the color in long run ...or in better words it will fade out the color

·
Registered
809 Posts
it depends on what color you want. the 55W 6000K will be an almost unnoticeable tint of blue because the higher wattage washes some of the color out. the 6000k in a 35W application would look more blue than the 55W but still only slightly. an 8000K 35W will have a pretty noticeable shade of blue. If you get a 55W, then you should get the harness and relay so you can bypass the stock wiring, which may not be able to handle the 55W load.

I would get the kit here. Its the same kit, and I just installed one of these the other day on a Land Cruiser.
HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
they have the harness and relay too
HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
as far as halos if you are getting them, I would get them through RPM. They are the only specific mazda 6 kit that is really quality.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You advice against the RPM HID kits? I thought everyone was describing them as "the best"? but damn, those are much cheaper

EDIT: I think I'm gonna do 35w 6000k..a nice little hint of blue without being too much. Come to think of it what color do the halos look like?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts