Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:zzz

I've ordered one of those sporty hatchback's for a couple of weeks ago.
I'm trading in my BMW 523ia 1997 for it, so i hope it's good stuff!

I've owned 2 mazdas before, when i was a bit younger (when i was 19 i had a Mazda 323 GTX Turbo 1991. and when i turned 21 i swapped it at a Mazda dealer to a Mazda 626 V6 -92). After that i've driven BMW, but now i'm going back to the old school of Japanese high Quality fun driving again!

I've bought a fully equipped 2.3 sport with all the goods including DVD Nav, and Xenon, and leather. With engine heater, and winter tyres, and metallic, the price landed at 270.000 SEK, which is a lot of money, but not considering what you get! I got 140.000 for my old BMW and took the offer! :D

Now i am totally sick of waiting, and there's a lot of time left to wait!
Have ANYONE tested the nav system? Is it alright?

Gimmie some good stuff! :)

Ps. I've attached a picture of my old Mazda 1.8 turbo 4wd 1991

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Waiting for my car'

Welcome kyrkbymannen. :)

Congratulations on your purchase.

As far as GPS goes, I think that it's you who are going to have to fill the rest of us in on the NAV system when you get your's. Nobody we've heard from on this board that owns a 6 has GPS.. You may end up being the first. Just think of the Glory :D :D

Alan

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, välkommen here!

We look forward to your experience with the NAV.

Just note that I'm not sure it covers all Sweden. Last thing I heard, they hadn't covered anything north of Sundsvall. (Vilket gör det värdelöst för mig som bor i norr...)

Have fun!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thankyou all for your warm Welcome.

Well, it's a pity if it does'nt work north of Sundsvall, but i will have most use of it here in Uppsala & Stockholm, where it can be tricky to find the way sometimes.

I hope it'll do the job, if not i guess the car does considering what others write in here.

I really want the car NOW!! hehe

:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I know how it feels. I got my 6 a week ago after waiting since early July (I ordered it way before it was officially released here in Sweden).

It's worth the wait!

:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

6 Weeks ago, youre an educated Mazda6 owner by now then compared to most of us in here? :)

What equipment did you go for, and if you have it, is the TCS good when it's slippery outside?

·
Registered
354 Posts

If you ordered the same car, with all the stuff you said, you would probably pay around 450 - 500 000 NOK :D Hihihih! I love this country....(Norway).

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kyrkbymannen

6 Weeks ago, youre an educated Mazda6 owner by now then compared to most of us in here? :)

What equipment did you go for, and if you have it, is the TCS good when it's slippery outside?[/b]
No, no - ONE week ago... so I'm a newbie. But it sure is fun!

Yes, the TCS is good, and the DSC is great.

I opted for the 2.0 hatch. No NAV, no Xenon, and it has the smaller stereo (CD). Alloy rims for both winter and summer tyres.

That's about it. Oh, and it's silver contrail!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Mazdaspeed, do you actually mean that the Same car i've ordered is worth over half a million SEK in Norway? How come? Is it expensive to buy cars in Norway?

If i understand you correctly, the car is twice the price in Sweden?!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, it's true. Cars are VERY expensive in Norway. Just like in Singapore.

Now, I can understand it for Singapore, but I do not understand it for Norway...

And note that we're talking NORWEGIAN crownes, NKR, not swedish ones.:sarc

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by Steve 6er

What equipment did you go for, and if you have it, is the TCS good when it's slippery outside?[/b]

I opted for the 2.0 hatch. No NAV, no Xenon, and it has the smaller stereo (CD). Alloy rims for both winter and summer tyres.

That's about it. Oh, and it's silver contrail![/b][/quote]

Cruel!! I wish i was in your shoes right now! :) The silver seems to shift color due to the enviroment in a cool kind of way?!

I've just told my wife that we should go to norway as often as we can and show off!
:D

hehehehe, just kidding, but it seems like it's a darn expensive car in Norway.

·
Registered
355 Posts

pay around 450 - 500 000 NOK[/b]
That's like:
500,000 Norwegian Kroner = 67,950 Euro's/USD's

This is a surprise. I knew that cars in Singapore cost almoust double to Finland, and even in Malaysia some bits more... But that there is Norway just next to us, where you have to pay also extra 30%??? Same package would be here in Finland around 50k (euro/usd). And I though that was a robbery... This price is the one for the FULL PACKAGE, with all the optional accesories + winter tyres etc... I couldn't afford all that either (unless I could get it in some other country like Germany, Australia or maybe even Sweden to get it). Jolly great this how countries make taxes, customs etc. to make the differences on cars so high...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I could get 2 Mazda6 for the price of one in Sweden...compared to Norwegian prices, that is...:sarc

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Originally posted by Steve 6er

That's about it. Oh, and it's silver contrail![/b][/quote]

Alloy rims for both winter & summer tyres! :)
Did you buy Mazda original rims for the winter ones?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts