Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should I wait before giving my car a clay and wax. I read that it shouldn't be waxed within the first 30-90 days. Is this true, and if so, is it ok to just wash it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
You can give it a clay and a wax right away. You don't have to wait 30-90 days since the paint is rapid cured.

·
Registered
221 Posts
How long should I wait before giving my car a clay and wax. I read that it shouldn't be waxed within the first 30-90 days. Is this true, and if so, is it ok to just wash it?

Thanks
[/b]
I would wait on waxing it. Hell yeah you can wash it. They should have washed it for you before you drove it off the lot. This is a new car right?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it's brand new. It was cleaned in and out when I drove it home about 2 weeks ago, but it has rained quite a bit since then and now the weather is clearing somewhat so I'd like to give it a washerama.

Anyways thanks again

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've always been told to wait to wax a brand new car. But I could be mistaken. I waited on waxing mine but I washed it without hesitation!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked the build date on the car and it's January 2006. So is it safe to say that 5 months is a good enough time period to be able to wax it?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I just checked the build date on the car and it's January 2006. So is it safe to say that 5 months is a good enough time period to be able to wax it?
[/b]
More than enough time. My rule of thumb is 30 days after the build date is plenty of time to wait.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
post only in one section

·
Registered
121 Posts
like everyone else says 30 days is the norm. My car has a dock sticker of 11/05. I bought it in March 06 and washed clayed and waxed that bitch the day I bought it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! I will give her a nice wash, clay, and wax tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah just make sure you apply it with a light touch, will make the buffing process MUCH easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
italpasta
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing