Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw some pictures of the new VW Jetta Sedan and Coupe concepts and I think they look really good. I actually think these cars could have easily been Audi models (A4 and A5).

IF these cars came with the following options:

-2.0T engine (around 225 hp)
-VR6 engine (around 280 hp)
-AWD (4 Motion)
-6 speed manual transmission
-DSG
-Well tuned sports suspension

...would any of you think about buying one?

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is nice!!!! The back end is little anonymous especially with the lack of exhaust pipes but I like it a lot!
Would I buy it? No.
I am more of an RS4, M3 kind of man.

But I would buy one used for my son if I had one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE (Arinzeuno @ Jan 13 2010, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629547
This is nice!!!! The back end is little anonymous especially with the lack of exhaust pipes but I like it.
Would I buy it? No.
I am more of an RS4, M3 kind of man.

But I would buy one used for my son if I had one.[/b]

LOL what makes you think you can afford an RS4 or M3? If you could your cabinets probably wouldn't be stacked with Ramen noodles.

·
Registered
353 Posts
QUOTE (Shaniqua @ Jan 13 2010, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629548
LOL what makes you think you can afford an RS4 or M3? If you could your cabinets probably wouldn't be stacked with Ramen noodles.[/b]

See, there you go being a negative nancy as usual. Why must you always crush my Dreams and aspirations? An M3 coupe is my next purchase when I finish my Masters thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If it came with a manual transmission, 2.0T, AND it wasn't priced as high as the CC or the W8 Passat, then I might buy it.

Production in Puebla, Mexico is already confirmed for the Mark VI Jetta. I won't pay a premium price for a car made in Mexico.

Anyway, it looks like Volkswagen is moving away from manual transmission cars in favor of the DSG. (yes, I know the DSG is faster than I am. But I still don't want another automatic and every DSG I've driven has been weird on small throttle tip in)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Agreed. This is a very nice car though. Looks like something that would start out around 34k. Add options with that tranny and all and walk out the door spending 38-40k on it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My guess is it will be overpriced, and most buyers will be better off buying a base A4 with quattro for $6K more.

VW rivals Nissan for overpriced 'base' car options running against luxury brand base models.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Another hot car like the MS6! I would buy it, but just like my Mazda, wait until I can get it used for 15-20K, if it gets there one day..

QUOTE (bova80 @ Jan 13 2010, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629556
this is in the mazdaspeed6 section why?[/b]
b/c it resembles specs of the MS6 I guess ;)

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
QUOTE (bova80 @ Jan 13 2010, 08:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629556
Good question...

...moved.

Is it me, or do VW and Audi vehicles look almost identical these days? Besides that, it's looks good, and better than the less-than-generic sedan on the market today.

But yeah, long-term quality has to improve before any VW makes my short list.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (bova80 @ Jan 14 2010, 01:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629556
I initially was going to ask if any of you would replace your Speed 6 with this car if it had the options that I stated in my initial post. I decided not to ask that question. I should have posted this under "Other Cars". My bad.

Since I stated that I was going to ask the question about trading your Speed 6 for this car, I'll ask it now. Would any of you make that trade or at least think about it?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
QUOTE (Spazdog @ Jan 13 2010, 11:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1629586
If it came with a manual transmission, 2.0T, AND it wasn't priced as high as the CC or the W8 Passat, then I might buy it.

Production in Puebla, Mexico is already confirmed for the Mark VI Jetta. I won't pay a premium price for a car made in Mexico.

Anyway, it looks like Volkswagen is moving away from manual transmission cars in favor of the DSG. (yes, I know the DSG is faster than I am. But I still don't want another automatic and every DSG I've driven has been weird on small throttle tip in)[/b]
It's a Jetta. Size and product placement has it below the Passat and whatever is supposed to replace it. So no... it won't be too expensive.

Screw DSG. I really don't care how much faster it shifts, etc. I want a manual transmission with clutch pedal.

This new Jetta is looking hot. As much as I like hatches... I would possibly pass on a GTI for a GTI spec of the coupe. Even moreso if they hook it up with the Golf R drivetrain. :drool:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I like it, a lot...

·
Registered
764 Posts
I give VW props for their improved styling as of late and their interior quality has improved alot as well, problem is they are confusing their lines too much...Audi is the upmarket and VW is the main line of cars for more of the population.

The price point for it is just ridiculous considering what level it is supposed to represent.

Would I consider trading my Speed 6 for it..HELL NO!! No six speed "manual"=no deal. DSG's are B.S. in my opinion, it's just a glorified automatic.
For the price I paid for my Speed I can't think of even one car that competes with it...even used with 3 or 4 years of depreciation!

Until VW learns how to build quality products of at least the level of KIA or Hyundai (who are constantly upping their game) I think they should focus on keeping their price within the reach of the common people. If I want upmarket I'll buy a BMW.

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
Love the exterior. Inside there is something going on that I can't quite put my finger on, but I think its the vents. Reminds me of late 60's Ford sedans ala Torino, Fairlane, etc... Something just looks out of place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts