Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just bought a si 07 and he's talking mad smack about how his car is so much more faster bla bla bla etc etc etc . Can someone give me the inside track.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take it to the track and see who's faster. that will prove it all, not what we say.
[/b]
Dam ....you just summed that up really quick. I was expecting some specs and minor things that folks might have to offer me.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
It depends are you driving the MTX mazda6s or the ATX Mazda6?

If it's an ATX he's got ya man....

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
My brother just bought a si 07 and he's talking mad smack about how his car is so much more faster bla bla bla etc etc etc . Can someone give me the inside track.
[/b]
if you have a 6i you'll lose. if you have a 6s it's a close race. but you might still lose. it's a driver's race.

6i - high 15 to low 16 second car
6s - high 14 to low 15 second car
Si - low 15 second car

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you have a 6i you'll lose. if you have a 6s it's a close race. but you might still lose. it's a driver's race.
[/b]
That's wut I like to hear....... a driver race. And I have the 6s mtx and the funny thing is he taught me how to drive a stick on my old civic ex 94 and I use to wax him then when he had the acura ls 94 . I think history will repeat itself

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
That's wut I like to hear....... a driver race. And I have the 6s mtx and the funny thing is he taught me how to drive a stick on my old civic ex 94 and I use to wax him then when he had the acura ls 94 . I think history will repeat itself
[/b]
well make sure you take it to the track and video tape it. then post it here. just don't street-race.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If anything I would say its more on the driver of the civic to not screw up launching/shifting. I've seen some magazines get mid to upper 7's for 0-60mph sprint cuz they aren't launching it hard enough

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anything I would say its more on the driver of the civic to not screw up launching/shifting. I've seen some magazines get mid to upper 7's for 0-60mph sprint cuz they aren't launching it hard enough
[/b]
Hey wuts the airbox mod

·
Registered
700 Posts
I raced a new civic si 3 or so times and won everytime with my 6s..but then again i had a few mods... you can see what i had in my sig below

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My best friend has the new Civic SI and they run high 14s/low 15s stock. Thats the same range as the 6s (mtx). So as mention it would be a drivers race.

Also on the track they handle very good in stock form. They come standard with a LSD so that helps alot. And the 6 speed transmission is one of my favorite manual transmission on the market right now. Its so smooth. Wish the 6's tranny was like that.

They have a huge aftermarket support, and the kseries engine respond very good to basic n/a mods ie; intake, header, exhaust, and a little hondata. I have heard of them dipping into the high 13s/low 14s with those modifications.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I figured the Civic SI would be faster than the 6s because it should be much lighter ???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My best friend has the new Civic SI and they run high 14s/low 15s stock. Thats the same range as the 6s (mtx). So as mention it would be a drivers race.

Also on the track they handle very good in stock form. They come standard with a LSD so that helps alot. And the 6 speed transmission is one of my favorite manual transmission on the market right now. Its so smooth. Wish the 6's tranny was like that.

They have a huge aftermarket support, and the kseries engine respond very good to basic n/a mods ie; intake, header, exhaust, and a little hondata. I have heard of them dipping into the high 13s/low 14s with those modifications.
[/b]
Will with some of the same mods ......couldn't the 6s run in the 13s or low low 14s?

I didn't know them litte bastards had LSD. Pls me they make LSD for the 6s or an supercharger/ turbo?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts