Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 6 fans,
I am reaching out In hopes that I will be able to get some help.
I’m in need of the VVT solenoid Or Oil control Valve for my 2005 Mazda 6 3.0L BUT THE REAR BACK Solenoid

Please see attached photo of circled item

Mazda no longer sells those and I purchased an aftermarket one but doesn’t work well and found that out through this forum. So hoping someone has one laying around or can get one
Thanks much

Regards
E7AF1210-ECEE-48BB-AF25-87CF8861F7E7.jpeg

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,594 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @DrFeelGood no I aurally have a p0012 code which I found out after removing my OCV that it was broken. “Which probably happened after a complete gasket job on valve cover and timing cover. The ac line prob put too much pressure on it and mechanic didn’t pay attention.. so then I purchased a gates after market vvs142 something along this sorts which fit in the guide kind of loose drive for 10 mins and the same code came back up so it’s a hard code p0012

I don’t want to buy the entire guide with solenoid because that would entail removing timing cover and it’s just tooo much

so just need a oem solenoid to properly fit in that Mazda guide

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,594 Posts
Hey @DrFeelGood no I aurally have a p0012 code which I found out after removing my OCV that it was broken. “Which probably happened after a complete gasket job on valve cover and timing cover. The ac line prob put too much pressure on it and mechanic didn’t pay attention.. so then I purchased a gates after market vvs142 something along this sorts which fit in the guide kind of loose drive for 10 mins and the same code came back up so it’s a hard code p0012

I don’t want to buy the entire guide with solenoid because that would entail removing timing cover and it’s just tooo much

so just need a oem solenoid to properly fit in that Mazda guide
Ah, I see. Order one of the two OEM parts I listed or pull one from salvage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you,

so this part number listed by you under the eBay link
6m8z6m280aa will fit correctly?

regards

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,594 Posts
Ok thank you,

so this part number listed by you under the eBay link
6m8z6m280aa will fit correctly?

regards
Above is an OEM providers. I cannot say anything about ebay. Based on the price I would say it is an aftermarket unit.
I believe the Ford part number is 3M4Z6M280AE
I would pull from salvage but that may be limited where you are.
cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts