Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if the NA model, and more specifically the US model of the Mazda6 comes with automatic volume adjustment with the increase in speed? I personally ordered the Bose stereo in my car, so it'd be great if someone could tell me if that specifically had the ability, but i'm sure others would be curious about the normal stereo. To ber more specific i'm referring to when you increase the speed of the car, the volume from the speaker automatically adjusts and increases, and the same goes vice versa.

thanx,
yasir

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Volume in Bose (or normal) stereo'

Originally posted by imammy

To ber more specific i'm referring to when you increase the speed of the car, the volume from the speaker automatically adjusts and increases, and the same goes vice versa.

thanx,
yasir[/b]
Vice versa? You mean you want to know if you increase the volume to the speaker then the car goes faster? That usually happens only on really, really good aftermarket stereos. :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

That usually happens only on really, really good aftermarket stereos.   :D[/b]
I have the standard unit and it has 3 levels of adjustment ALC 1, 2 & 3. I will check the owners manual but I'm sure that the Bose does also.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanx guys....
now having the car accelerate with the volume increase...that would be quite some task....good times had by all!!!!!
-Yasir

·
Registered
56 Posts

I can confirm, that the BOSE system also has those ALC1,2,3 levels. :) but I don't really use it... my default volume is 30, so there is no much to left for automatic volume adjustments :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thanx jasha....
dang, you defintely like to crank it up....how clean and crisp is the sound at high volumes on the Bose? So what exactly does ACL 1,2,3 levels mean...how do they differ?

thanx,
yasir

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The ALC levels control how much volume is increased with speed. 1 is little and 3 is much.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanx steve.....

i definitely think that's a really cool feature....first place i saw it was on my friends Chevy Malibu of all places, but it was definitely cool.

-Yasir

·
Registered
71 Posts

Bose to 30?! :sarc :sarc

My Mazda6 is so quiet that even ALC1 for me is bit too much but still Ok.
I like to adjust volume manually.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Me too. I have this feature in my car now, and I have it turned off. I tried it and found it annoying.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i guess as long as it has the feature to turn the sucka off, all shall be happy. I will definitely give it a whirl, but i know when i'm rolling around in my brothers Civic, when i drive above 50 or 55, the road noise defintely drowns out the music....it'll be a good feature depending on how well it works.

-yasir

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

What really IS annoying with the volume control is that I have difficulties finding a pleasant setting. The steps are too big, and I often wish there was a step right between those I have to choose from. So I always end up with either too high or too low volume. And since I'm no volume addictee, I go for too low...:sarc

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Usually the case with digital - would have been cool to put in a potentiometer. Then you could find your sweet spot!

·
Registered
56 Posts

I could note that as the volume level is from 0 to 33 (and then the MAX level (instead of 34)); so when it comes to 33 and I turn to MAX I feel as if the volume has decreased... probably some speaker/amp security turns on at the MAX level.

the other thing I noticed, that when I listen at the level 33 and turn the ACL to level 3; the volume sounds louder than without it.

And the bad side with high volume is that during cold weather the plastics rattle quite a lot. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts