Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Volks TE 37 with 5x114.3 lug pattern but +40 offset. Will they have problem with this car? I have just been hearing people talking about the high offset it needs like +48. We are just talking about 8 mm of spacing...

Also, does anyone here know if forged aluminum wheels can be repaired? I have a slight bent on one result from a Pot Hole!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Volks TE37'

- answer to your 1st question is 40mm offset may not be enough for the 6, you will need spacers if you really want to have that wheel on the car. 48mm may just pass the caliper.
- answer to your 2nd question is forged wheel can be repaired. depending on the mechanic's experience and the type of rim you have, the forged rims can be repaired just like aluminum rims.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I got a good look at the brake calipers on the 6 today. I think the TE-37 will clear them just fine even though they are 40mm offset. The tires might rub the fender a little but I can definitely live with that especially if I am not going to lower it anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Volks TE37

7.5 may fit. You'll have to do a test fit to find out if it'll rub though. Unless Volk has already tested it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Are you talking about rubbing on the top arch of the fenders during cornering or are you talking about rubbing of the wheel well liner?

·
Registered
79 Posts

We're actually trying to stuff 18x8.5 Volk TE37s (40 offset) with 235/40-18s under the fenders of my car. It will require some fender reshaping, of that there is no doubt. I'll let you know if it'll work. I'm a bit skeptical!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I had a look at your pictures. The dashboard mod is pretty cool. Does any ordinary radio fit in that?

·
Registered
79 Posts

The dash is a complete custom fabrication by Automotive Entertainment. I don't know that they have any plans to reproduce it, but they might be persuaded. As I understand it, certain HVAC functions go through the factory radio (on models with auto HVAC); making its complete removal impossible. I believe the Alpine head unit is a DIN size, so it should accept other units. The guys at AE can give you the real scoop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts