Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my speed hit about 60mph, i start hearing wind noise. I wonder will adding a visor will reduce wind noise or make it worse?

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,568 Posts
Adding the sunroof visor, from my experience, will make it a little worse. Some ppl add sound insulation, but that may not help as much with wind noise as it does with rattles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wind noise is coming into from the front door window. I am thinking of adding the vent visor at the doors. will this reduce the noise?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'd take it to the dealer and get the problem corrected the right way.

John :cool:

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,568 Posts
the wind noise is coming into from the front door window. I am thinking of adding the vent visor at the doors. will this reduce the noise?
[/b]
No it won't. It sounds like the weatherstripping might be loose or something. The only thing vent visors will do is make your car uglier. :hoho:

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,553 Posts
Adding vent visors will not solve the problem. Have the dealer check out the door seals.

BTW, vent visors didn't change the wind noise volume on the highway, according to my ears.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you guys find wind noise to be a bit on the high side with windows down?
I've next to none while windows are up (really quiet) but it seems worse than in my old car when the windows are down. Not a huge deal, just wondering if its just me or if the car's designed like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts