Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got into a wreck which took out pretty much my whole front passanger side. Having most of the parts replaced by the body shop that I went to. The owner called me up today and said that there was an issue with the order that they placed. They forgot to order the front lip (front air dam) that goes on my car. My car has the sport package added onto it, and the front lip was suppose to be replaced. He told me that it would take another few days for the lip to come in, so... I gave the suggestion of using an aftermarket lip (ViS Techno R) and he agreed. The price of it is cheaper then the factory front air dam.

Question is if I should do this, or stay with the factory front air dam. My main concern is the material (fiberglass vs utherene) and if it would look awkward on a 6i with the factory side skirts instead of the whole Techno R kit. I assume that the Techno R lip will sit lower than the side skirts. Anybody know if this is correct?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
hmm i have no clue how to answer but by looks definately go for the Vis lip. But you know it will cost you some money to paint though, and may actually end up more than your front air dam already painted. Would be a worthful upgrade.

I dont think side skirts would be necesary though. Worst case scenario if it does look a little awkward some dude is selling some mild side skirts on here for 200.

·
Registered
905 Posts
it should look fine. It's the nonsport copy/version of the black racing lip. People have done that lip with factory skirts and it looks fine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm k, ViS techno R lip it is. Was hoping to hear that :)

Just noticed on the website that it says for 03-04 bumpers (Was listed on Aug 04 so guessing they havn't updated it). Will it still fit the 05 bumper since they are like the same?

Thanks again guys :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought the front air dam is only for non-sport bumpers? aka GFX in Canada
is the techno R lip compatible with the sport bumpers though? 03-05
and I think the bumpers are the same up til 06

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I thought so too but I called ViS racing and double-checked with them. They said that the 03-04 bumpers were different curvature than the 05 ones. (They were wrong, called up mazda and they said they are the same)

ViS Techno R lip is for base model bumpers
Erebuni Racing lip is for sport model bumpers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts