Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just wanted to share results of having all the chrome trim around the car vinyl wrapped in black before and after. Includes side window trims, front grill piece and fog light inserts, and the rear chrome piece as well as painted emblems black.

That looks sweet, especially the front with the 16-17 grill still being billet. Looks really sweet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just fixed original post don't know why my window trim picture didn't post . I now plan on looking at my lowering options as I'm clearly set on a blackout type theme for this car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How much did it cost? I wanted to do this to my car

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wanted to share results of having all the chrome trim around the car vinyl wrapped in black before and after. Includes side window trims, front grill piece and fog light inserts, and the rear chrome piece as well as painted emblems black.
That looks great on a black car, and would probably look sick on a gray one, too. Very nice! Are you planning on replacing the wheels with black ones as well, or maybe getting the stock wheels painted?

—RacerCG

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid $200 total for materials and labor for everything included and yes I'm going with the blackout theme for this build and after I acquire some coil overs I plan on getting a set of black aftermarket wheels. I just picked up a set of the 17 Gunmetal GT wheels in the meantime as they go a little better with the black.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks really good. I'd like to see how this looks on a red 6.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Vinyl wrapped the chrome strip black on my 2018. Just don't look too close and you'll miss all the imperfections of my work. If I decide I couldn't live with my less than perfect job, I'll pay to have it done. I just wanted to see how it looks without breaking the bank. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Vinyl wrapped the chrome strip black on my 2018. Just don't look too close and you'll miss all the imperfections of my work. If I decide I couldn't live with my less than perfect job, I'll pay to have it done. I just wanted to see how it looks without breaking the bank. What do you guys think?

Love it. Will you do the chrome strip on the trunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts