Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about getting this done on my liquid platinum 14' mazda6. is it difficult to do yourself or is it better to get it done by a professional? any idea on how much i should expect the costs to be?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Around $50 if you buy the vinyl and do it yourself. Roof is the easiest part of the whole car to wrap too, on a first Gen all you need is 5'x5' probably pretty similar for newer. Let me know if you have any questions. I abandoned my full wrap but left the roof wrapped.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/showthread.php?t=259932

Reactions: PJebus

·
Registered
436 Posts
ordered a sheet of 3m gloss black vinyl from metrorestyling for around $70. installed it today in about 90 minutes. cleaned the car w/ dish soap and dried. had the wife help me lay the full sheet at once on the roof. used water and baby shampoo ( 25:1) in a spray bottle. had 2 felt tip squeegees which really helped when it came to getting the vinyl tucked into the rubber trim on the front and rear glass. there are maybe 1 or 2 imperfections that you can see upl close, but otherwise looks good from 6ft or more. i can see that it would be REALLY easy to cut something wrong, or ruin the vinyl as soon as you peel it off.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Gotcha, I was hoping you'd say that. Been seeing people go overboard with vinyl colors lately.

-St7

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got my vinyl and supplies in. Gloss black going on Reflex Blue. I have to wait for warmer weather though, since I'm in Colorado and it's been in the teens for a week or so. :(

·
Registered
477 Posts
Def something I'd do if I tinted the windpws, but no plans to tint this 6 --- clear glass all the way this time

Looks friggin great on a white 6 and interested to see what it will look like on other colors

·
Registered
239 Posts
Def something I'd do if I tinted the windpws, but no plans to tint this 6 --- clear glass all the way this time

Looks friggin great on a white 6 and interested to see what it will look like on other colors
Yeah me too. The great thing about Vinyl is if I hate it I can take it right off. Made sure I got high quality 3M stuff so it won't ruin the paint if I ever need to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts