Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Mazda 6, was told it was a 2004 now not so sure seems it may be 2002
I have the number GGES-200290, the language in the manaul is japanese can anyone help me

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I purchased a Mazda 6, was told it was a 2004 now not so sure seems it may be 2002
I have the number GGES-200290, the language in the manaul is japanese can anyone help me
[/b]
Doubt your 6 is an 02. You can check the vin at Carfax or a site like it, but your vin looks a lil' off to me.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah that VIN is off. That seems more like a part number to me.

Yup. Thats no VIN. Just checked it out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
there is also a vin on the drivers side front glass of the dash in the lower corner

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
[/b]
Update? Did you ever find out? What dealership and where did you buy your 6?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I believe "GGES-200290" is a Japanese VIN number, which makes me wonder whether Gabby lives in Asia or some other part of the world.

In which case the car could very well be an '02.

·
Registered
922 Posts
02 six?? I thought they began in 03 in the states... anyways yeh 17 characters in a USDM VIN number.... look in door jamb, your current state registration, or the glass as someone has offered...

PM me your license plate and state and i can run it through NCIC and give you the VIN...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts