Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, not a Mazda6, but a Contour SVT with 3L swap. This is, without a doubt, the fastest Duratec30 on the street right now. This guy (BurritaSVT) just finished his T3/T4 setup. Fully-built motor, water injection, the whole works. It'll be going to the dyno and the track in the very near future, but is expected to be well over 400whp. If it could grab up, it may well be an 11s car, but Contours are notoriously bad at gripping up even for FWD cars. It'll probably pull a mid-high 12.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f7dd3f2...8300125c104.htm

The video is long. 6 minutes. But it's got some interesting bits throughout. Note the wheel-spin in every gear including the largely useless 3rd gear at full-throttle even from a 60mph roll.

It's hard to tell how fast he's going or accelerating. But notice the Tach when accelerating (wheel-spin all the time) and the Speedometer. For reference, 60mph is at 10 o'clock on the SVT speedometer.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
link not good.

But based off what you said this guy is running.... jesus. How much power does the motor make w/o the turbo? Or it was never dynoed pre-turbo

EDIT: Saw the video... SICK Thats waaaaay to much power... me wante

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a Streetfire problem right now. I can't get to anything there.

I haven't followed BurritaSVT's build-up very closely. I believe he's gone through multiple turbo and engine build iterations over time, so there's no good "before-turbo" number.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ahhh, I miss the sound of my SVT...

As for the 500hp, I have a hard time believing it. If it's even close though, I'd say waaaaay to much power for a FWD. Guys got some serious touque steer in that vid and can even really 'hit it'.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
sign me up ;)

sounds like an airplane....mmmmmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts