Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, recently installed my AEM CAI and I love it. Mods are listed in my sig (not much but theres more to come) I'll get some more vids in a little just had time to do one quick one. This video was made in a closed off parking lot so dont try this at home! Dont mind my friend at the end of the video hes a looser. ( he drives the wrx :eek: )

Click here to watch the Video

(if the video doesnt work send me a PM ill send it to you)

Some Pics from the night

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello folks, recently installed my AEM CAI and I love it. Mods are listed in my sig (not much but theres more to come) I'll get some more vids in a little just had time to do one quick one. This video was made in a closed off parking lot so dont try this at home! Dont mind my friend at the end of the video hes a looser. ( he drives the wrx :eek: )

Click here to watch the Video

(if the video doesnt work send me a PM ill send it to you)
Some Pics from the night

[/b]
That sounds pretty slick. A couple questions that come to mind though. Are you running the BOV in recirc? Have you run the factory BOV with that CAI? If so, is the HKS BOV louder or does it just change the sound? I've got a CAI on order, but don't really see the need to replace the BOV at this point in time unless the factory BOV is lacking in the "sounds good" dept.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the bov is in recirc. I haven't ran the CAI with the stock bov. My buddy has a CP-e CAI and stock bov and mine is louder than his. I would suggest the BOV, I noticed 1 more psi on my gauge and my car holds boost a bit better (i think) It wont hurt to get it, you will have to sooner or later if you want to make some power.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Man, that sounds sweet. I can't wait to get my CAI and BOV installed. I'm sick of having little turbo'ish sounds coming from my car, in stock form it's much too tame.

Thanks for taking the time to film and share the video. :yesnod:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha no he said that sounds "leet' which means really good. As far as sounding better, his exhaust is loud and scary mines more quiet but as far as hearing turbos spoll you can hear mine better because his exhaust is loud but he also has a FP Green (pretty big turbo). My bov is twice as loud as his is though. Now if were talking speed well lets just say he wins in that collum :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha no he said that sounds "leet' which means really good. As far as sounding better, his exhaust is loud and scary mines more quiet but as far as hearing turbos spoll you can hear mine better because his exhaust is loud but he also has a FP Green (pretty big turbo). My bov is twice as loud as his is though. Now if were talking speed well lets just say he wins in that collum :)
[/b]
*this is the wrx guy speaking*
hes right, mine is too loud, I need to tone it down because id rather hear the wooshing and sucking of the air flowing through the FMIC piping. Has anybody hear changed the turbo on a ms6, im interested to see what they can do with more than a k04

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
That sounds pretty slick. A couple questions that come to mind though. Are you running the BOV in recirc? Have you run the factory BOV with that CAI? If so, is the HKS BOV louder or does it just change the sound? I've got a CAI on order, but don't really see the need to replace the BOV at this point in time unless the factory BOV is lacking in the "sounds good" dept.
[/b]

Apparently the factory BOV leaks a little boost at max.pressure. About 1.1 lbs. according to other people who have had gauges hooked up before and after. I put on an HKS Super Sequential and these definitely won't leak boost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
Indy MPS6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing