Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Can't help you out on the NAV but i am wondering how you feel about the car coming from an SRT4...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got to drive the car only for a few minutes with 11 miles on it. As a bigger guy the MS6 is just enough bigger that I fit better and people can now sit behind me. I bought one with moonroof and my head doesn't touch either. The car is very quick and stock to stock due to AWD will probably beat the SRT-4. My wife and I have plans to test this theory next week... :)
I can't wait for people to start figuring out MBC's and WGA's etc.
Mike

·
Registered
200 Posts
One box solution for ya.
AVElectronics Nav switcher
That is assuming you want more than one video input

If you only want one video input I suggest going with
Nav Interface Unit

Regaurdless of which one you get you will still need a way to input the audio, and for that I reccomend either the audiolink or aux mod options. I would highly reccomend getting some ground loop isolaters for the audio and a inline noise filter for the power line. I personally am going with the NavSwitcher and Audiolink setup.

Brian

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Traded in my 04 SRT-4 for an 06 MS6 yesterday - wife's DD. Bought it fully loaded with Nav and I thought it would be sweet to use that thing for video. Just curious if anybody has done it.
Mike
[/b]
This has nothing to do with this post.. but i like your picture sig. :D I :love: :love: :love: the 91-96 impala/Caprice Body style. I was going to get that instead of a mazda6, but eh..

Used to have a cop car caprice from the city auctions that rocked, until i got rear ended.. Anywhoo.. Congrats on the new car, hope you enjoy

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks, that's a beginning. Now I just need to find an aux-input device so I can listen to the audio. I was just hoping to modify the factory DVD player for DVD playback...
Mike
[/b]
I doubt the NAV computer/DVD-ROM drive can be modified to play DVD's. You'd need the proper software/firmware to enable that. You're probably better off installing a compact DVD player.

My personal plan (when the funds become available) is to get the AV Switcher and install an Intel Mac Mini in the glovebox for entertainment purposes. I already have the auxmod and audiolink for my XM radio and iPod.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This has nothing to do with this post.. but i like your picture sig. :D I :love: :love: :love: the 91-96 impala/Caprice Body style. I was going to get that instead of a mazda6, but eh..

Used to have a cop car caprice from the city auctions that rocked, until i got rear ended.. Anywhoo.. Congrats on the new car, hope you enjoy
[/b]
Thanks for the kind words. I actually sold the car a few months back and I'm buying it back in the next couple of weeks. I need a drag only car since I have the mod fever on everything I own...
:)

I'm going to take my car to a local electronics guru and see what we can come up with.
Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I actually sold the car a few months back and I'm buying it back in the next couple of weeks. I need a drag only car since I have the mod fever on everything I own...

I'm going to take my car to a local electronics guru and see what we can come up with.
Mike
[/b]
bah how much did you sell it for? :\

Heres mine, prior to the ass that rear ended me. ;(

SicCaprice

Did the bodywork, and paint myself. (and a buddy) we only primerd it with a special tint, made at a paint shop, just to see the color.. My buddy did his yellow.. So we had a cop car and a taxi cab :p

·
Registered
108 Posts
NAV TV has a unit that u can use to display video on your nav. ive already ordered the piece and will be using it with a seperate dvd player. so while everyone else has screens poping out mid-dash we will have em popping out of the top of ours.... :nana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
mtxpert
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing