Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a couple times saying that I'm going crazy from the wait. I'd first like to say...that hasn't changed.

Second, I need someone to assuage my fears. Or just tell me the truth. I've ordered my car with a deposit. But I'm worried that when I get to the dealer (2 hours away) he's going to charge me more than we agreed upon. We agreed upon $250 over invoice and he gave me an invoice price, but it's all been over e-mail. Is that binding? Can I bring my e-mail and say, "hey, you said over e-mail that it'd be $250 over invoice."

What can I do to make sure I don't get taken advantage of?

On an unrelated note, I went to Mazda's Rev It Up in San Francisco last weekend. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to hear about it I can start another post. I'm surprised nobody's posted about it yet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reading Topic: Victim of a salesman?

I'm pretty sure you need something with signatures on it to make it a valid, binding agreement. I could be wrong but that's the impression I'm under. If I were you, I'd call them up and ask them if there is something you and they could sign saying something like "so-and-so is the amount that was agreed upon" and then have both parties sign it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

They drew up a worksheet with price that had my signature and the salesman's. That, to me, was a binding contract, but I'd call and ask them to send you something hand written w/ signature in the mail if they're far from you distance-wise, or go to the dealer and request one.

I assume you test drove a 6s? How was the handling in the track car with the eibachs versus the stock 6s? Mazdarevitup isn't coming here until July.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Be careful of the "prep fee", "doc fee" or even them saying that the price didn't include destination.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks DJSCIASCIA. What fees are acceptable? Tax, title, license...sure. But are there other standard fees that I shouldn't be surprised about if they show up?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

try negotiating the out the door price.....that's what i did, and it worked nicely. After you negotiate that have your dealer send you the paperwork....i got screwed by dealing with the internet salesguy, and then when i got to the dealer they hiked up the price. Damn Rosenthal Tysons Mazda! i was lucky tho....the dealership was only 15 miles from my house...in your case, definitely try and get them to send you a worksheet with signatures...and if they refuse, look other places, cause they will most likely screw you!

-yasir

·
Registered
248 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Victim of a salesman?'

Originally posted by Rydmcalboy

Thanks DJSCIASCIA.  What fees are acceptable?  Tax, title, license...sure.  But are there other standard fees that I shouldn't be surprised about if they show up?[/b]

Price should be the price, our doc fee is 20 bucks and there is no prep for new cars, unless its a short deal like less then 500 bucks we like to slip in the prep fee. :D

But never told ya that.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Rydmcalboy,

I don't think the email is binding, but it at least gives you a solid negotiating stance if someone tries to jack up the price. "No. This is what your salesman told me, sell it at this or I walk." (In a friendly voice. :)

And I'd love to hear all about the RevItUp. Particularly what the classes are like, since I've never autocrossed before.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I would think the e-mail correspondence is binding. In Sweden it definitely is. If you've come to an agreement, that stands in the court of law.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts