Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Vibration coupled with excessive tire wear makes me think alignment...

Also, this might not be something you would think of...but it could also be something as simple as some of the balancing weights in the rim coming off and leaving that tire unbalanced. Try taking off your tires one by one and looking for a spot where it looks like a wheel weight used to be and is no longer.

However, the fact you are getting tire wear on more than one tire makes me think alignment...

Good luck man!

:)
[/b]

Mine needed an alignment from the first day i got it and one tire had no weights i would highly recommend that you get that checked.....One thing they also told me is that cars sitting in the lot for a while i.e Speed6's develop sitting spots from where they sit for so long hmm just a thought might be total b/s though

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have yet to see an awd (nevermind the fact of a performance awd) vehicle that doesn't exhibit some type of accelerated wear on the front tires. It's a common thing.
I am curious where you feel this vibration. In the steering wheel?, gas pedal?, seat of the pants? whole car? How hard to you have to be accelerating? The way you described it at first I thought you were talking a powertrain issue, but now you are stating alignments, rotations, etc. Confusing.
[/b]

Could be the over all feel of a awd vehicle.... :laugh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.