Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a vibration that kicks in when i go over 60mph....

No pulling left or right.
It feels like it's in the rear of the car.

An i have been recently sliding around in a snowy parking lot. But never red lining it. An im usually in 2nd gear anyways. I go easy on it, i don't beat on her shes my baby.

Any tips or ideas would help thank.:confused:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not sure what Mazda you have but normally around 63-70 a vibration could be tire balance. How old are your tires? The snowy sliding could just from light tread on the tires or just bad driving :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If you're lucky it's just a bad balance job. Good luck & keep us posted. I know other have had this issue too.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Like said above... A bad balance job.

Next balancer you go to, make sure it's a "road force" balancer. It simulates driving conditions compared to a standard balance. They'll get it spot on with one of those.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Vibration or pulsing?

Does clicking the ebrake up once stop it? Our diffs do make some noise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you've been sliding around in a nice snowy parking lot lately, the wheel rims could be packed with snow, happens to me all the times since my snow tires are alloys with a nice big shelf. Thought I had thrown a weight last winter, but when I looked in at my rims, one of them was packing with a good pile of snow \ ice \ mud. Cleaned it off with a convenient stick that was near by and the vibration went away. Give it a try, may save you a trip to the shop and $80 in balance charges.

Snowtrax

·
Registered
36 Posts
ok Update... it stoped an then i was slidding around again. an it started... the calprite was i had snow packed in my rear back tire so it makes it vibrate a lil. So thanks Snowtrax, you nailed it on the head. No more problem.

Thnaks everyone for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts