Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i launch from a light i get a slight vibration from the rear of the car and i just wanted to know if this is normal? This is my first AWD car so i don't know what is sounds or feels like. I have heard a lot of people breaking axles and i am not sure if this is what this feel like when one is loose. When i go to 2nd i don't feel it anymore so i really don't think it is the axle. If this is a normal feel then i will let it go. i have about 1700 on the car as i have had it 5 weeks.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
When i launch from a light i get a slight vibration from the rear of the car and i just wanted to know if this is normal? This is my first AWD car so i don't know what is sounds or feels like. I have heard a lot of people breaking axles and i am not sure if this is what this feel like when one is loose. When i go to 2nd i don't feel it anymore so i really don't think it is the axle. If this is a normal feel then i will let it go. i have about 1700 on the car as i have had it 5 weeks.
[/b]
sounds like mild wheel hop. supposedly the upgraded rear engine mount helps that. not quite sure though.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I don't have any vibration that I can speak of...but in a hard acceleration out of first I get a mild clunk around 3500 to 4000 RPM. I figured it had something to do with the DSC, because I don't get it if I turn the thing off...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the electromagetic clutch engaging.
[/b]

explain????

sounds like mild wheel hop. supposedly the upgraded rear engine mount helps that. not quite sure though.
[/b]
this happens with just a 2500-3000 launch from the light??? Man what does it feel like with a 5000 launch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts