Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone and thanks for creating such an informative forum.

We have a 2016 Mazda 6 and have encountered a problem (more of an annoyance than anything else) with some kind of vibration in the doors. Now I've read a lot on various platforms about this, and most relate their issue to the speakers. However, for us the noise occurs only when shutting the door, even lightly. It sounds like a piece of a thin metal is vibrating inside the door panel - a very hollow sound. This first started on the driver side and recently began on the passenger side door as well.

Do you have any suggestions of what this might be?

Thanks for any info!

·
Rally Racer
1,761 Posts
Hi everyone and thanks for creating such an informative forum.

We have a 2016 Mazda 6 and have encountered a problem (more of an annoyance than anything else) with some kind of vibration in the doors. Now I've read a lot on various platforms about this, and most relate their issue to the speakers. However, for us the noise occurs only when shutting the door, even lightly. It sounds like a piece of a thin metal is vibrating inside the door panel - a very hollow sound. This first started on the driver side and recently began on the passenger side door as well.

Do you have any suggestions of what this might be?

Thanks for any info!
Sounds like a fastener or guide tape came free. Have you removed the panel to investigate yet? Cold temps can make adhesive take less sticky and something may have just come un-stuck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for a quick answer. We've taken of the first layer of the door panel from the inside, but nothing was loose there. I guess we have to go deeper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Simona
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing