Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

First of all I do not know if this topic I just opened is in the right place but anyways here goes.

I have a Mazda 6.0 2.0 Sport.

When driving over 160 km/per hour (100 miles an hour) the left mirror is starting to vibrate. Strangely enough the right side mirror remains calm.

The dealer has added a thing you would translate as sticky lead ( a glued lead piece of plating) to change the vibration rate in order to make it stop.

Not only did it make a hell of a noise closing the drivers door (because the lead slammed against the inner casing); it also did not help.

A few weeks ago the dealer replaced the whole mirror for me but this new mirror still shows the same problem.

Anybody who has this same problem?

Or managed to find a good solution for it?

Looking forward to all your replies.

Panther.

P.s. going to take some pics of my car tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Vibrating left side mirror'

You're driving too fast...:D

Nah, seriously...but here in Sweden at wintertime those speeds are suicide, and I'm not willing to commence such a one when I finally after all this wait got my hands on a 6 of my own...:sarc

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hi kyrkbymannen,

I have just added the pictures to the Mazda6 picture gallery.

Nice pictures you have on your homepage by the way. You have a very goodlooking wife and daughter. :)

I can understand most of the Swedish that you wrote there. I assume kyrkbymannen is a nick and it has something to do with churches or?

Our word for church is kerk so .... hmmm well maybe I am way off track here.

Speak to you soon.

Panther

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by ^Panther^

Hi kyrkbymannen,

I have just added the pictures to the Mazda6 picture gallery.

Nice pictures you have on your homepage by the way. You have a very goodlooking wife and daughter. :)

I can understand most of the Swedish that you wrote there. I assume kyrkbymannen is a nick and it has something to do with churches or?

Our word for church is kerk so .... hmmm well maybe I am way off track here.

Speak to you soon.

Panther[/b]
Hi Panther, thanks for nice words on my family! :D

Cool that you can read swedish. When you brought it up, i have to explain the nickname, LOL. When i was around 20, i had a Mazda 323 GTX 4wd turbo -91, and we did some street racing outside the village i lived in, the Churchvillage, a very small village btw.

During our nightly event's someone made up a nickname for me "churchvillageman" , and after that i kept the name, coz it sounds pretty funny in swedish. That was also the name that i drove under after that, so unfourtnatley it's not a name i've gotten from being such a true believer, but for streetracing...

:sarc

·
Registered
163 Posts

Hey everyone,

First of all I do not know if this topic I just opened is in the right place but anyways here goes.

I have a Mazda 6.0 2.0 Sport.

When driving over 160 km/per hour (100 miles an hour) the left mirror is starting to vibrate. Strangely enough the right side mirror remains calm.

The dealer has added a thing you would translate as sticky lead ( a glued lead piece of plating) to change the vibration rate in order to make it stop.  

Not only did it make a hell of a noise closing the drivers door (because the lead slammed against the inner casing); it also did not help.

A few weeks ago the dealer replaced the whole mirror for me but this new mirror still shows the same problem.

Anybody who has this same problem?

Or managed to find a good solution for it?

Looking forward to all your replies.

Panther.

P.s. going to take some pics of my car tomorrow.[/b]
I've had vibration on the left side of the front speaker speeding at 140KM/H.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

All the wheels have been balanced out but going to get my winter tyres in a few days. Maybe then I will notice a difference but so far I do not suspect the balancing of the wheels.

Speakers starting to vibrate at 140Km an hour? Are you pulling this cats tail or are you really serious?

Panther

·
Registered
163 Posts

All the wheels have been balanced out but going to get my winter tyres in a few days. Maybe then I will notice a difference but so far I do not suspect the balancing of the wheels.

Speakers starting to vibrate at 140Km an hour? Are you pulling this cats tail or are you really serious?

Panther[/b]

Yes. The speakers virbate at 140KM/H even the system is turn off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by jon

Yes. The speakers virbate at 140KM/H even the system is turn off.  [/b]
What does your Mazda dealer say about this problem Jon?

Does it have to do with unround tyres perhaps?

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by jon

Yes. The speakers virbate at 140KM/H even the system is turn off.  [/b]
What does your Mazda dealer say about this problem Jon?

Does it have to do with unround tyres perhaps?

[/b][/quote]

The problem is that in my country, we are not allow to speed more than 90KM/H on the highway... The mazda's engineer could not hear the sound when i'm back in my country.

I took my mazda6 for a trip to malaysia (neighouring country) that's where i reached 140KM/H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts