Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the tint for awhile, just too lazy to take picture

Got the Sharkfin antenna about a week ago, im impressed. Only drawback is it took 5 weeks to get there, VG must take a while to paint them and stuff. On a positive note, Donny established great communication with me whenever i bugged him about the status of the order :sarc:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
nice pics i think 15% is the best % not to dark and not to light.

·
Registered
81 Posts
looks great! im getting my windows done soon. ive been debating on 15 or 20%, but i think im going to go 15 after seeing these pictures.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
my antenna will be incoming after this existing group buy for it... and then comes the tint! i like that 15% tint! maybe i'll slap that on my ride as well....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Very nice. Tint and fin look great. Nice pix.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank guys, yea the tint totally changed the car, i really like it. The only problem with it though, is that at night, its hard to see out of the car. Not only is it hard to see out of the back window, but when you look at one of your side mirrors, its hard to see into it, so i usually have to roll down the window. Rolling down the window isn't totally neccessary, but i still do it. Overall i think its worth it though, as the car looks mean as hell now.

Thanks for the comments :)

-alex

·
Registered
695 Posts
No laws in TN about dark tint?

Seems dangerous if you can't even see out of your car at night.

John :cool:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ya 15% is dark its very hard to see at night plus the police factor in ohio forced me to change my front to 30% i still like it but its not as nice as 15% all around.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I got a tint ticket because a cop thought i was speeding and it was the only violation he could find on my car. The ticket was like $160, and i had only paid like 220 for my tint. I was pissed. (It was 35% all around, but VA law is 50% up front.) So after my driverside front window got smashed by some asshole i got my passengerside front stripped and retinted both to 50%. You can't notice much of a difference since they are on the light side. I always liked the dark dark tint but it's not very practical IMHO. Very nice car though man. You just need some clear corners lol.

·
Registered
548 Posts
No laws in TN about dark tint?

Seems dangerous if you can't even see out of your car at night.

John :cool:
[/b]
I wanna say there is a tint law in TN, but it's very rarely enforced. Normally only when you get pulled over for something more serious do they hit you with a tint violation.

GA on the other hand has not tint law anymore and I'm going 15% ASAP cause it looks great!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As car as practicality goes, I think it works fine. If theres ever an instance where I can't totally see(which really isn't often) I just my window down which isn't too big of a deal. I actually have no idea what Tennessee's law is on tint, I'd say anywhere from 30-50%. Around Knoxville there isn't a whole lot of cops, and most of the driving isn't stop and go traffic involved(where I live atleast). I'm a pretty safe driver also, so i dont even intend on being pulled over. If i do though, ill just chaulk up the tint fine. Its worth it.

-alex

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive had the tint for awhile, just too lazy to take picture

Got the Sharkfin antenna about a week ago, im impressed. Only drawback is it took 5 weeks to get there, VG must take a while to paint them and stuff. On a positive note, Donny established great communication with me whenever i bugged him about the status of the order :sarc:

[/b]
where do i get the fin from thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very nice.... looks really good. Just my .02, the younglife sticker has to go (kinda looks rice)...... :nana:

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Pimpin' the GB, I love it! If you read this you must buy one so that I get it for less money. (Jedi mind trick)

·
Registered
211 Posts
06 Tungsten Grey...

Thats my car, and now I know how good it's gonna look with the windows tinted. Thanks!! :D

BTW how is the shark fin compared to the factory antenna??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts