Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the real deal as far as shark fin antennas go....I havent noticed any loss of reception and the look is superb. A perfect color match with my car...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Because the reception is horrible, I have an 03 and cant get half the stations my work truck gets.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Because the reception is horrible, I have an 03 and cant get half the stations my work truck gets.
[/b]
that's a bummer.... as for the antenna, i can't wait to get mine within the next couple of days!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Just outta curiosity does anyone know where you could purchase one of those antennas from??
[/b]
Go to the RPM store

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
the RPM store +1

ill post my sharkfin pics up, i havent posted them yet and ive had it for a week now. Give me an hour or two

·
Registered
243 Posts
[/b]
Ive had my 03 for a year now and have NEVER had bad reception on the radio....And i love the look of no antenna...

shark fin looks great man. I might get one for aesthetic purposes. :drool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
i've had my sharkfin on for a few months now. color match is almost perfect, you can't tell the differance unless it's in the sun and you're looking for it. don't worry, nobody will notice. i DID notice a loss in reception but i dont listen to the radio all that much so i'm not worried about it. the improvement in looks outweigh the loss of some reception to me. this was my first mod and i recomend it! really cleans up the look of the car.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looks great.
Is it difficult to install? Do you have to remove your head liner? How difficult is that?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great.
Is it difficult to install? Do you have to remove your head liner? How difficult is that?
[/b]
You do not have to remove anything inside the car(headliner). You basically remove your stock antenna...the shark fin has a coil attached to the 'antenna' within the shark fin...the end of this coil has an eyelet and they provide a screw to screw into the stock base thus attaching the 'internal' antenna...the shark fin itself then fits over the stock base and attaches with double sided tape. It is very firmly stuck to my car.

I think I remember people talking about hiding your satellite antenna under the shark fin and to do this they recommended removing the headliner and passing the satellite antenna wire through the hole but you do not need to do thi to just hook up your stock antenna via the shark fin.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Looks good Did it come painted?
[/b]

yes, they come painted to match. check out the GB going on or go to therpmstore.com

·
Registered
412 Posts
i bought mine directly from visual garage (they're in Canada like me, so I wanted to avoid duties).

I noticed a slight loss in reception, but nothing that's a huge deal. I don't listen to the radio much anyways, thanks to RPM's audiolink ;)

The paint matched perfectly, and it was fairly easy to install. JUst make sure u line it up right the first time, because you wont be able to unstick that tape if it is at all pressed onto the car's surface.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Same here Squireglig had it ordered directly didn't want to wait for GB again .... paint match is perfect ... no noticeable loss in reception ... click my sig for pics and How-To (more detailed than supplied instructions for alignment purposes) .... continuously get good comments about it , esp. at the dealer with the guys in the back (mechanics) everytime I go there they come in awe to see what new mod I put on her heheh

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed mine in less than 10 minutes, including cleaning the area around the antenna. The paint matched perfect and the reception is great unless i'm out in a rural area...which is very rare.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts