Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened twice recently. When I lower the passenger visor, and pull it to the left to screen that middle space -- I bumped that black "box" behind the rear view mirror. Both times the audio immediately stopped, the dash display went blank, and the fob no longer worked. It's the most bizarre thing. First time it happened my husband checked all the fuses and found and replaced one that apparently controls a bunch of different things, and that fixed it. It just happened again and, yeah, he'll replace the fuse again. [Going forward I'll be careful not to hit that damn box again. :rolleyes:] My question is: what the heck is in that box that a light bump knocks out all that stuff?! I never thought it contained anything so I'm baffled.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I think it's just the rain sensor and wiring for your mirror.
The box is split down the middle and can be removed by pulling each half to either side. There's probably a frayed wire.

~Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
Trying to answer from memory as I don't have a 2nd gen anymore. There's a bunch of electronic in there for the rain sensing wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror. Maybe there's a short in the wiring? Has the windshield been replaced?

Edit: Mike beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts