Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've seen the black on black and they look OK. On silver? Not for me...

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Its titanum... not silver.[/b]
It is? It looks like Liquid Platinum Metallic...the Titanium Grey is...well..grey. Are the colors off?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
now. do the powdercoated ms6 rims look as good as rx8 rims on the ms6, or does powder coating the stock rims outweight the positive aspects of the rx8 rims( lighter, wider, easier to clean, etc.)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yeah, you might have to put those lame decals on the side skirts too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not a big fan of the rx8 rims on the ms6. For some reason, I don't think they go well with the car.

now. do the powdercoated ms6 rims look as good as rx8 rims on the ms6, or does powder coating the stock rims outweight the positive aspects of the rx8 rims( lighter, wider, easier to clean, etc.)[/b]

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Definitely titanium grey.[/b]

That's Titanium Grey...it looks darker to me than that pic....maybe the colors are just off...

*shrug*

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the rx8 rims on the ms6. For some reason, I don't think they go well with the car.[/b]
im trying to decide, i have seen pics and it looks good to me. still not sure about powder coating vs. rx8. or what color i would p.c. them. i would prolly go with black since my car is b.c.m

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
gunmetal might look good on BCM.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
powder coating is the way to go. mine are white and i love em so much better than stock, and they are not that bad to clean.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
gunmetal might look good on BCM.[/b]
i was thinking about a really dark greyish color. so close to gunmetal

AWH- WHAT DID IT COST YOU? sorry bout caps.

·
Registered
700 Posts
any pics on powdercoating the rx-8 rims?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
any pics on powdercoating the rx-8 rims?[/b]

i think a nice gunmetal rx8 rim would look amazing

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i was thinking about a really dark greyish color. so close to gunmetal

AWH- WHAT DID IT COST YOU? sorry bout caps.[/b]
$90 a rim.

http://www.trgcoating.com did it for me. very nice job too. not to far from you in Long Island.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
White powdercoat? White rims on red looks tight!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
$90 a rim.

http://www.trgcoating.com did it for me. very nice job too. not to far from you in Long Island.[/b]

90 a rim is not too bad... i was quoted 100 a rim and the guy said it would take 1 full week.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.