Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove a 2007 Mazda6 and noticed when the system was set to supposedly direct heated air only to floor, there was also warm air coming from the defrost vents. I was annoyed by having to breath that warm air, but I was able to get around this problem by setting it to direct airflow to floor and panel vents and then closing the panel vents.

This did not make sense to me, since there is another setting to do combo floor/defrost...just wondering if this was normal...not a big deal if it is, since I was still able to find a way to get air flow to floor only.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Test drove a 2007 Mazda6 and noticed when the system was set to supposedly direct heated air only to floor, there was also warm air coming from the defrost vents. I was annoyed by having to breath that warm air, but I was able to get around this problem by setting it to direct airflow to floor and panel vents and then closing the panel vents.

This did not make sense to me, since there is another setting to do combo floor/defrost...just wondering if this was normal...not a big deal if it is, since I was still able to find a way to get air flow to floor only. [/b]
It was an issue that was corrected by a TSB for the 2003's. I guess Mazda made the same mistake again.....

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
It's in the owners manual. "Arrow down" means little arrow up to windshield too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's in the owners manual. "Arrow down" means little arrow up to windshield too.
[/b]
I happen to have a 2005 Mazda6 as a loaner for my wife's Jetta. Had this same annoying feature of blowing heated air into my breathing zone, when the setting shows arrow to the floor. The owner's manual was in the glove box and, yep, this is apparently what it is supposed to do.

I think most cars send a little trickle of air to the windshield when set for floor only, but it is really excessive in the Mazda6. I have never driven a car where the floor only setting forced me to breath hot air from the defrost vents like this...to the extent that it is uncomfortable for me to drive with that setting. If I want that much air going up, I can flip the dial to the setting that is supposed to do that. There seems to even be a setting between floor only and mixed floor defroster, so why do I need the floor only setting to also actually be a mixed setting???

As I indicated before, I can live with this as there is a convoluted way around it...but it just seems like a poor design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts