Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Brian and I am brand new here.
I have a real new guy question to start with
How many different bumpers does the 6 have?

03-05 Sport bumper and regular bumper?
and in 06 they changed them?
So an 06 sport and 06 regular bumper?

so 4 in total?
am I correct?

I'm working on the VeilSide kit and need to know how many different bumpers there were.

This is all USA market of course...
thank you for your time and help...

·
Registered
497 Posts
That sounds about right. I think even the '05 models are a bit different from the 03 and 04 models. I'm not exactly sure, but some will come along shortly and let you know more specific info.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And then on top of that, the Mazdaspeed bumpers are different as well?

So it looks like 06 bumper is totally wrong for the VeilSide lip.
I need to find out if this is anything close to fitting on the USA bumpers...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ya, Mazda couldn't make it easy. The 03 and 04 bumpers would only need minor work to get the kit to fit and by minor I mean a lot.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ya thats true. The veilside kit is made to fit the Japan Spec car not the US one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know it is made to fit the Atenza, but we have a front lip and rear lip and 4 pair of sideskirts here and I'd like to see how they all shape up.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
where are you located? Maybe you could get some members to come and you can do test fits...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are in Carson, CA
So, I suppose if we could get somebody with a regular bumper and somebody with a sport bumper to come by, we can work on it and finally give you guys a real answer about this kit.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
brian...you are obviously a veilside vendor then correct?

are you working on finally manufacturing and distributing the veilside kit for the NA guys?

·
Registered
748 Posts
We are in Carson, CA
So, I suppose if we could get somebody with a regular bumper and somebody with a sport bumper to come by, we can work on it and finally give you guys a real answer about this kit.
[/b]
I have an 04 sport bumper, let me know and i can swing by. I want aftermarket parts to be available for our 6's, even if i don't buy them, i want it available for other who do want them. so let me know if i can help.

·
Registered
297 Posts
uhm, are you guys going to design a veilside kit that would fit a wagon as well?...I have a non-sport wagon...please make sure that you don't forget about us; many company design their kits just for the sedan and 5-door...

·
Registered
748 Posts
uhm, are you guys going to design a veilside kit that would fit a wagon as well?...I have a non-sport wagon...please make sure that you don't forget about us; many company design their kits just for the sedan and 5-door...
[/b]
There's a wagon?!?!?! When did this come about?!?!?! :nana:

Also, not to completely thread jack, for those interested in a lip, I'm trying to get people for the valiant lip for the 03--5 sport bumper, want more details CLICK HERE!!!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
[/b]
prolly won't happen. Not enough potential sales to make up for the cost of production. The front lip and sideskirts will fit though

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'd buy the front lip and side skirts for the 04 Sport bumper if you guys end up making it. I have been concidering just getting the Atenza lip and modifying its length on the sides to fit our front end. Should be extremely easy to do.

I don't much care about the rear lip at all design wise so I wouldn't want it. But I do know some others want too see one for the sport wagons.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I have an 06 non-sport. Let me know if I can help. I'm about 25 minutes away from Carson.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I *believe* the sides of the Japan/Euro Spec 6 is the same as the USDM Mazda6.

1 - 20 of 313 Posts