Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone thanks again for participating in the GB.

Now where did you all get your hoses? And what kind?

Neil at VEI said 1/8" is fine. But he still hasnt gotten back to me which material.

I'm worried rubber might bulge too much messing with readings. So I went the route of nylon line like most boost gauges come with and now I cant get the 1/8" nylon to fit the Tee or the Gauge.

Is standard rubber vacuum line alright? Or is atleast 1/8" fuel needed for the extra reinforcement to avoid bulging?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I got 6 feet of 7/64" vacuum line, and i'm using a regular i guess plastic "T". I got it from a local auto parts store (privatly owned, named Fairfax Auto Parts). That was the fist logical place for me to look, but i'm sure places like Advance Auto Parts and such should have what you need.

As far as the group buy goes, thank you.... every penny counts!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got 6 feet of 7/64" vacuum line, and i'm using a regular i guess plastic "T". I got it from a local auto parts store (privatly owned, named Fairfax Auto Parts). That was the fist logical place for me to look, but i'm sure places like Advance Auto Parts and such should have what you need.
[/b]
Yeah, I found it at Advance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[/b]

I figured it out.. BTW Neil got back to me and said 1/8" rubber vac line is fine. Expect PEP-Boys line tends to leak more. The rubber lines don't expand enough to effect readings until you hit 20psi.

I'm sticking with the hard nylon I bought and simply using an emission tube reducer/expander as seen in this old scool pic:

I'll be sure to be much cleaner with my instal though :)

I'm thinking since my pod vent will always stay a dream I'll be molding this into the steering column:

Molded not stuck on with tape :hoho:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
mine did not stick with the tape either i used silicone. hahahah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts